Greetings everyone, the newest season of Factions Onyx is here! Realm Information The next Onyx map will release on Saturday July 24th @ 3:00 PM EST / 7:00 AM AEST / 8:00 PM
Factions: Amber Reset
Greetings everyone, the newest season of Factions Amber is here!
The next Amber map will release on Saturday July 17th @ 3:00 PM EST / 7:00 AM AEST / 8:00 PM BST.
The map will last multiple weeks which means there will be a payout which will be issued every Friday @ 5PM EST until a payout week is announced as the final payout week.
- Multiple week long map - 3 days of grace & multiple weeks of TNT
- 15 man factions
- 3 second cannons
- 20 Chunk Buffers
- Faction Shields last 14 hours
- 350 Power per player
- Unlimited Roster Size, unlimited kicks per day, max of unlimited at one time
- Raiding Outpost will open when the first Raid Event of the map has ended.
- Setting/changing your Faction Shields will come with with additional restrictions on Tuesday @ 3:10AM EST
- Mining Spawner costs change from being free to costing 40% of their shop price on Tuesday @ 3:10AM EST
- Faction Shields are disabled from 12PM-5PM EST on Payout Days
- 8 grinding areas of 18 Silverfish Spawners in the Mycelium World (Reached & Exited via an End Portal)
- Account Sharing allowed
- Sugarcane, Fishing, Mycelium, Woodcutting, Mining & Spawner economy
- The economy sheet can be found here
- Lots of new Custom Enchants
- Bow boosting disabled
- $400 Weekly F-Top - $200 Paypal & $200 Buycraft
- 9 custom worlds along with the Overworld with a border of 2500 x 2500 giving 40 corners – These can be reached with the warp names: End, Nether, Redworld, Greyworld, ClayWorld, SunWorld, DarkWorld, CherryWorld & CrystalWorld
- During grace, TNT & Creeper Eggs will be disabled
- During the first 30 minutes of the map, Faction Fly will be disabled
As usual, the first 3 days of grace period will have no payout. Here are the prizes for the payout placings every week on Friday at 5pm EST:
- First Place: $125 Paypal & $75 Buycraft
- Second Place: $50 Paypal & $50 Buycraft
- Third Place: $25 Paypal & $25 Buycraft
- Fourth Place: $25 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $25 Buycraft
How do we get our payout if we win?
- Set your PayPal email on the server with the command: /paypal [email]
- Set your Buycraft email on the server with the command: /giftcard [email]
For this upcoming season of Amber, we have completely redone a bunch of our important builds, so you can look forward to seeing some fresh new areas to play in soon.
As you know, with a new season comes a brand new spawn! Check it out below:
The Mycelium build has been given an eerie makeover, thus matching the orange/nether theme of Amber.
Introducing the Mine, you'll find out more about this later. Take a look at this awesome build!
We're also introducing 2 brand new KoTH arenas, take a look!
Last but not least, the new Outpost arena! A piece of land lost in time, has recently been rediscovered by bold explorers.
What To Expect
For this map of Factions Amber, everyone will receive a rank equivalent to top rank and a kit containing Protection 6, Unbreaking 6 armor. To ensure alts are not used to obtain a lot of these armor sets, you will be required to complete a small number of challenges in the /pass to obtain the rank and kit.
Normal ranks, tags, disguises, monthly kits and custom ranks/kits will still be available to those that already have them, obtain them in-game, or decide to purchase them.
Due to the roster changes, we will be allowing Account Sharing and therefore will not enable our plugin to limit the number of IPs allowed on an account in 24 hours. We will also only be giving Faction Points to the players in the faction (this does not mean roster) at the end of the map.
Instead of completely prohibiting factions from being able to set a shield shortly before Grace ends, you will be able to set a Faction Shield with the additional requirement that there will be a 36 hour period prior to the change where the Faction Shield is completely disabled, and only after this time, the shield is set. Other players will be able to view your /F who to see if your shield is changing and when it will change.
Longer Map Changes
Due to the length of the map being significantly increased, there are a lot of changes to events, timings and rewards.
- F missions will cost more and will be harder to obtain.
- The amount of Boss, Deity and Koth keys will be reduced.
- The timings in /grace will be modified to fit the new schedule.
- The scheduled times for Raid Events will be changed.
- The prizes for the Raid and FvF Events will be changed.
- The prizes for the Raiding Outpost will be changed and will be given out in longer time periods.
- The requirements to obtain a maxed Fish Sword, Mega Rod and a maxed Harvester Hoe will be increased.
Faction Point System
We have created a new Faction Points System to encourage factions to continue playing after they've been raided, as not all is lost. With this new system, Factions will not need to mine their spawners as much as they would need to previously, even if they aren't able to defend their bases.
Instead of F Top and P Top being based entirely on the value of spawners, they will be based on points that are gathered through select methods. Spawners are still very important when it comes to gaining points, and you can view each faction's spawner wealth, however there are many other ways that points can be gained.
You'll be able to gain or lose points from the following methods:
- Having spawners placed
- Raiding / being raided
- Killing players
- Holding the Raiding Outpost
- Winning Raid Events and FvFs
- holding one of the 2 Outposts
Note: You will not receive points from having spawners placed while in Grace.
As well as the new Faction Points system, when a raid occurs where over 10% of the spawner value has been taken by the end of the raid, the defending faction will receive an additional shield that will last 30 minutes for every 10% of spawner value that is raided. The Raiding faction will only be able to take up to 40% of the spawner wealth. Once this has occurred, the raid will be ended by force.
Note: If this occurs within 5 hours of a Payout screenshot, any additional shields will be capped at 35 minutes given for the raid.
The amount of Faction Points you obtain from raiding a base is completely different to the amount of spawner wealth you take.
We will have a similar spawner value % increase system, but instead of it changing the value of the spawners over time, it will provide a multiplier for the amount of points you will receive from that spawner.
After every payout screenshot has been taken, the amount of points your faction has will reset and any existing point multipliers for spawners will reset as though they have just been placed.
We will be vastly increases the amount of Custom Enchantments that will be available to get on Amber during the upcoming season. There will be 46 new enchantments, the return of 3 old enchantments, as well as the 32 enchantments there are currently - totaling a whopping 82 enchantments!
All of these Custom Enchantments have their own unique benefit and abilities, all of which are explained in-game via the /ce menu.
As a result of the significant increase in enchantments available, we will be increasing the maximum amount of enchants that are allowed per item. Additionally, we are adding the ability to remove a specific custom enchantment from an item using /magic.
A list of the Custom Enchantments, their abilities, their maximum level and the items they can be used on can be found below:
Old Custom Enchants returning
- Health Boost - Armor - 3 Levels
- Thunderous - Swords - 3 Levels
- Vampire - Swords - 3 Levels
New Custom Enchants
- Invulnerable - Armor, Swords, Axes & Bows - 3 Levels - Prevents item from breaking but cannot be used until repaired
- Double Take - Swords & Axes - 3 Levels - Chance to double swing during an attack
- Bane - Swords & Axes - 3 Levels - Chance to deal double damage
- Armour Piercer - Swords & Axes - 3 Levels - Chance to deal double durability damage
- Life Steal - Swords & Axes - 3 Levels - Chance to steal a heart from the enemy
- Crusher - Swords & Axes - 3 Levels - Chance to drop an anvil on an enemy stunning them for 3 seconds. There is a player cooldown, meaning that a player who was recently hit by this enchantment can't be hit by it again for a certain amount of time.
- Dazed - Swords & Axes - 3 Levels - Chance to deal nausea to the enemy for 3 seconds
- SmokeScreen - Swords & Axes - 3 Levels - Chance to deal blindness to the enemy for 3 seconds
- Crippling - Swords & Axes - 3 Levels - Chance to deal weakness to the enemy for 3 seconds
- Possessed- Swords & Axes - 3 Levels - Chance to deal wither to the enemy for 3 seconds
- Gas Trap - Swords & Axes - 3 Levels - Chance to deal poison to the enemy for 3 seconds
- 1-UP - Swords & Axes - 3 Levels - Chance to gain absorption for 3 seconds
- Zeus - Swords & Axes - 3 Levels - Chance to smite to the enemy
- Arsonist - Swords & Axes - 3 Levels - Chance to set your enemy on fire
- Absorb - Swords & Axes - 3 Levels - Chance to steal a % of your enemy’s EXP when you damage them
- Fireball - Swords - 3 Levels - Chance to shoot a fireball at the person you hit
- Deadshot - Bows - 3 Levels - Arrows do increased damage by %
- DragonBall - Bows - 3 Levels - Chance for arrow to turn into a fireball
- Explosive - Bows - 3 Levels - Chance for arrow to spawn a TNT
- Angel - Armor - 3 Levels - Increased mcMMO gained for Acrobatics
- Warfare - Armor - 3 Levels - Increased mcMMO gained for Combat stats (Swords, Axes & Bows)
- Rancher - Armor - 3 Levels - Increased mcMMO gained for Farming (Herbalism, Fishing & Woodcutting)
- Rally - Armor - 3 Levels - Increased Damage by a certain amount when an increased amount of friendlies are nearby
- Evade - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance to dodge an enemy attack
- Deflect - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance for an enemy arrow to bounce off and do no damage or effect
- Heal Pool - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance to spawn a blaze which will heal you by a certain amount every second when close by
- Afterlife - Armor - 3 Levels - Completely heals friendlies nearby when you die
- Behead - Armor - 3 Levels - Increased chance for the enemy to drop their head upon death
- Rejuvenate - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance to obtain regeneration for 3 seconds
- Postmortal - Armor - 3 Levels - Increases HP of your combat logger NPC by a certain amount
- Traitor - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance to convert an enemy guardian into your own when they are shot
- LaunchPad - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance to blast off into the air when at a low HP
- Rage - Armor - 3 Levels - The lower the HP, the more damage you deal by %
- Reflect - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance to redirect an attack back at the enemy with increased damage by %
- Parry - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance to block enemy sword enchants for 3 seconds
- Disarm - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance to block enemy axe enchants for 3 seconds
- Disenchant - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance to disable enemy armor enchantments for 3 seconds with the exception of permanent/active custom enchantments
- Juggernaut - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance to receive a certain amount of reduced damage from an airstrike
- Stun - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance to trigger a Stun grenade near death
- Bombardment - Armor - 3 Levels - % Chance to trigger a Airstrike near death
- QuickPearl - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance to have no enderpearl cooldown when you throw an enderpearl
- Shockwave - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance to knock people away when they hit you
- Warrior - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance to receive durability back on your armor piece with the lowest durability
- CloseQuarters - Armor - 3 Levels - The closer to the enemy you are, the more damage you will deal, but you will deal a reduced damage compared to normal when attacking from further away
- OverPower - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance to deal 2x Damage
- Adrenaline - Armor - 3 Levels - Chance to receive less damage from the enemy for 3 seconds
Unique Armor Sets
We already have a unique Armor Set in the form of Damage Sets however we are will be introducing 3 more unique Armor Sets. Each set will provide small benefits if a single piece is worn, but a large benefit if the entire set is worn.
Note: You will not be able to have 2 unique Armor Sets on the same piece of armor.
Find out more about the 3 new unique Armor Sets and the current unique Armor Set in-game by using the command /gsets. The information on the 3 new unique Armor sets can also be found below:
- Combo Set - 5% Tank Buff for each piece worn or 30% Tank Buff if entire set worn
- Speedster Set - Ability to provide Swiftness 3 to yourself for 30 seconds every 2 minutes if the entire set is worn, and an additional 1 minute cooldown added for each missing piece
- Trooper Set - Ability to provide Health Boost 5 to yourself for 30 seconds every 3 minutes if the entire set is worn, and an additional 1 minute cooldown added for each missing piece
We'll be adding a wide variety of new throwable and usable items with awesome abilities that you can use in combat during this upcoming season. These items can be found in Dungeons. Check out what they do:
- Stun Grenade - Freeze all players within a 7x7 block radius for 3 seconds
- EMP Grenade - Combat tag all players within a 30 block radius
- Airstrike - When thrown on the ground, the 5x5 area will be bombarded with arrows (which goes through blocks) for 5 seconds
- Riot Shield - deploy a 10x3 barrier block wall that lasts for 20 seconds
- Turret - When thrown on the ground, a stationary Wither Skeleton will spawn and shoot out fireballs to damage enemies when they are nearby
- Backpack - An additional storage area allowing you to store Nether Stars only
Inventory Pets are useful pals that have their own unique abilities that can be activated. Upgrade your pets to increase the effectiveness of their abilities and reduce the cooldown timers.
Pets can either be bought directly or can be randomly selected for a small fee. More information about each individual pet will be available in-game using the command /pets.
For the upcoming season of Factions Amber, we will be introducing back mcMMO PvP!
There will no longer be a level 1 cap on the mcMMO activities of Swords, Axes, Unarmed and Tamed. These will all have a new mcMMO level based on how powerful their abilities are in an effort to ensure these abilities are balanced.
We will be nerfing the amount of levels given out from mcMMO Pouches to ensure they are not used to easily obtain the more OP mcMMO activities. We will also be buffing the custom mcMMO rewards given out while fishing or woodcutting.
We will be slightly changing how the Challenge System for Fishing is displayed to you. Instead of showcasing all the challenges for all the rods, we will only showcase the challenges required for 1 specific rod. Once you have completed all those challenges, you'll be presented with the option to unlock the new rod. Once this is done, you'll then be provided the next set of challenges similar to how our Custom Items (/pshop) system works.
We will be adding our own custom mining system along with a public mining world available with /warp mining!
When warping there, you'll find that there is a mine that you can drop down into that will work very similar to /warp forest where, once you break a block it will regenerate allowing you to mine for as long as you want.
While mining, there will be a chance for the block to convert into stone or into a more rare ore like iron, gold, emeralds or diamonds. This will allow mining to be a viable economy option for players.
We will be reducing the frequency of some of our current events to ensure that when events take place, they are worthwhile to compete for.
We will be changing our Mycelium World theme to The Nether. This means that there will be a new Mycelium Build, as seen at the start of this post. As well as this, to enter the Mycelium World you will need to create a Nether portal instead of an End Portal however, instead of placing blocks to create a portal, you'll need to purchase parts of the Nether Portal via /outpost.
Once you have fully purchased the portal, a Nether Portal will spawn where you want it to, allowing you access to the Mycelium World. The exit out of the Mycelium World will no longer always exist, instead it will be opened and closed at specific times for a certain amount of time, thus adding a new element to Mycelium World PvP.
We will be adding a Raid Event for /F Top factions who are placed 5th - 8th to compete for. This event will take place when the existing Raid Event starts for places 1st - 4th, however it will be for reduced rewards and the Raiding Outpost will not be decided by this event.
- Sugarcane, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining and Mycelium will all be main economy options for the map, however the Mycelium and PvP Fishing options will be better than the others to account for the fact that PvP is required for those options.
- The sell price (and buy price if necessary) of Sugarcane, Fish, Wood Logs, Ores and Silverfish will all be modified to reflect this, as well as reflect the much longer map and the slight change in the roster.
- The drop rates of TNT and the amount of money made from spawners will also be modified to reflect the change in map length.
- The exact sell prices for these economy options won’t be made public or added to the economy sheet to allow for us to spend more time ensuring they are all equal. We can assure that these ECO options will be balanced and if necessary during the map economy changes may occur while we iron out issues at the beginning.
- You can expect changes across the entire realm to features like Dungeons, Crates, all our rewards systems and similar content to ensure that the new content is well embedded into the realm.
Future Map Changes
In the Amber Map following the one that releases this Saturday, we will be allowing the use of Regen walls, which will result in gameplay and rule changes specifically regarding base designs and cannoning. These changes will allow there to be more advancement in said base designs and cannons rather than having stagnant and repetitive designs.
As well as this, due to raiding being more difficult, we will be allowing factions to have ally(s) in some form relating to raiding and/or PvP. We are letting you know this weeks in advance so you can be prepared for the next Amber Map.
We hope you're just as hyped as we are for the exciting upcoming map of Factions Amber! Thank you everyone for a great previous map, see look forward to seeing you all at 3:00 PM EST on Saturday for the Amber reset!