Hello everyone! For this month's content update we are introducing an update to The Deep, that allows you to mine Shards to create the Quarry, as well as fight the new mini bosses!
Factions: Amber Reset
Greetings everyone, the newest season of Factions Amber is here!
The next Amber map will release on Saturday September 18th @ 3:00 PM EST / 7:00 AM AEST / 8:00 PM BST.
The map will last multiple weeks which means there will be a payout which will be issued every Friday @ 5PM EST until a payout week is announced as the final payout week.
- Multiple week long map - 3 days of grace & multiple weeks of TNT
- 10 man factions
- 3 second cannons
- 20 Chunk Buffers
- Faction Shields last 14 hours
- 450 Power per player
- Unlimited Roster Size, unlimited kicks per day, max of unlimited at one time
- Raiding Outpost will open when the first Raid Event of the map has ended.
- Setting/changing your Faction Shields will come with with additional restrictions on Tuesday @ 3:10AM EST
- Mining Spawner costs change from being free to costing 40% of their shop price on Tuesday @ 3:10AM EST
- Faction Shields are disabled from 12PM-5PM EST on Payout Days
- 8 grinding areas of 18 Silverfish Spawners in the Mycelium World (Reached & Exited via an End Portal)
- Account Sharing allowed
- 7 types of Regens allowed
- Sugarcane, Fishing, Mycelium, Woodcutting, Mining & Spawner economy
- The economy sheet can be found here
- Loads of Custom Enchants
- Bow boosting disabled
- $400 Weekly F-Top - $200 Paypal & $200 Buycraft
- 9 custom worlds along with the Overworld with a border of 2500 x 2500 giving 40 corners – These can be reached with the warp names: End, Nether, Redworld, Greyworld, ClayWorld, SunWorld, DarkWorld, CherryWorld & CrystalWorld
- During grace, TNT & Creeper Eggs will be disabled
- During the first 30 minutes of the map, Faction Fly will be disabled
As usual, the first 3 days of grace period will have no payout. Here are the prizes for the payout placings every week on Friday at 5pm EST:
- First Place: $125 Paypal & $75 Buycraft
- Second Place: $50 Paypal & $50 Buycraft
- Third Place: $25 Paypal & $25 Buycraft
- Fourth Place: $25 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $25 Buycraft
How do we get our payout if we win?
- Set your PayPal email on the server with the command: /paypal [email]
- Set your Buycraft email on the server with the command: /giftcard [email]
As you know, with a new season comes a brand new spawn! Check it out below:
Introducing our brand new Class system! We originally wanted to add this feature last season, however there were some issues that meant it had to be delayed.
At the beginning of each map, you will have the ability to choose a Class. Once you have chosen a class, you will be able to obtain EXP that allows you to upgrade to the next level. When you upgrade to any level, you will receive a token that you can spend to unlock different abilities for that specific class.
If you want to change your class, you will be able to, however you will lose all your old abilities and will only be given half the EXP you initially had, allowing you to instantly purchase some of the abilities you want in your newly chosen class.
You will be able to gain EXP in a variety of methods which include; killing mobs, placing cactus, grinding sugarcane, killing silverfish, custom fishing, custom mining, breaking logs, leveling up mcMMOs, completing ArchonPass levels, taking part in Curses, securing Envoys, killing Bosses, KoTHS, LMS, FVF events, active playtime, and mining and placing blocks.
We will be releasing Classes in the upcoming season of Amber with 3 initial classes containing 11/12 abilities each. Each ability will have multiple levels that can be upgraded. Some of these abilities will require a certain level before they can even be purchased to be unlocked.
A few of the abilities will be permanent abilities, however majority of them will be abilities that can be used followed by a cooldown. You will be able to view the details of these classes in-game with /classes.
You'll be able to activate your abilities via a specific item in your inventory/hotbar which will allow you to choose the ability you want to activate before being activated.
Kill Effects & Death Messages
Introducing brand new Kill Effects! When you successfully kill a player, your chosen effect will happen. Currently you can choose from up to 10 effects, with each one being unlocked by winning them in Dungeons.
The spray effect will appear in the direction you're facing when a kill is secured and will hover there for a few seconds, or the particle effect will appear in the spot that your opponent dies.
Choose from many different types of death messages, for each death occasion! Did you drown, burn to death, or fall into the void? Each type of death has a handful of messages you can choose from to appear in chat when it happens. You can unlock death messages by winning them from Dungeons.
If you don't wish to see player's custom death messages in chat, then there is an option to disable them at the bottom of the menu.
To view what death messages you have available, do /deathmessages in chat, then once you have the menu up, click on your desired death occasion. You will be able to see that each category has up to 5 unique death messages that you can choose from!
We will be introducing Totems to Factions! Complete touch challenges as a Faction to unlock powerful boosters that are useful in everyday life on the server. Totems are free and can be accessed for your faction via /totem.
Gather all of the members from the Faction and encourage them to participate in completing these challenges as they are difficult and grindy, so everyone can benefit from the boosters that you will unlock eventually. You will only have 1 day to complete the challenge, so make sure you do it in time!
Do /totem to view the menu. You will be able to view your Totem Info, where you can see what the current level is as well as the current challenge streak and what booster you currently have activated. Click on the Challenge Info to activate your new challenge.
Challenges come in a variety of shapes and sizes. To see what challenge you currently have active, hover over the Challenge Info in the Totem menu. When you activate a challenge, all of your Faction members will see a chat message showing what challenge you have started. You will be able to view your progress and when you have completed your challenge in the menu.
If you miss a day of challenges, then your Totem will reset back to zero and you will have to start again. When you hit level 5, the max level and the level where you can unlock the booster, your Totem will stop evolving unless you miss a day.
When you hit day 5, you can choose which powerful booster you wish to unlock. You must then continue to complete challenges every day to maintain this booster.
You can only have 1 booster active at any 1 time, and can only change the booster type once every 5 days - so be sure to click the booster you're 100% sure you want to use as you won't be able to change it again for 5 days. The boosters that you can choose from are:
- Spawner Booster: Increases the amount of mobs that spawn
- mcMMO Booster: Increases your mcMMO gain
- EXP Booster: Increases the amount of EXP you gain
- Chunk Hopper Booster: Increases the speed of Chunk Hoppers
We will be adding 4 awesome new scrolls to Factions - StatTrak, BlockTrak, Rename and Reorder Scrolls. Take a look at what each one does below:
This brand new consumable item, the StatTrak Scroll, allows you to keep track of how many kills you've managed to get on both players and mobs using the weapon that it's applied to. Once you've applied the scroll to the item of choice, it will be on that item forever.
Simply apply the StatTrak Scroll to the item you wish to use it on by dragging and dropping it. Shift-right-click to open up the menu where all of the stats are kept. The combined amount of players and mobs that you've killed will be shown next to the item's name.
The BlockTrak Scroll allows you to keep track of how many blocks you've mined or chopped down using the tool that it's applied to. Once you've applied the scroll to the item of choice, it will be on that item forever.
Simply apply the BlockTrak to the item you wish to use it on by dragging and dropping it. Shift-right-click a block to open up the menu where all of the stats are kept. You'll be able to see which blocks you've broken as well as how many of that individual block you've destroyed. The total amount of blocks that you've broken will be shown next to the item's name.
Make the name of your tools, weapons or armor more colorful with the brand new Rename Scroll! You will need to drag and drop this item onto the tool, weapon or armor of choice to consume it so that you can rename your item.
When you've consumed it, a prompt in chat will allow you type out your desired name. There will be color codes in chat to help you choose the perfect combination of colors for your item's new name! You will have up to 5 minutes to name your item, if you exceed this time limit the Rename Scroll will be placed back in your inventory.
Like the name says, this new Scroll rearranges the enchantments on your tools, and places them in order of importance - with the highest tier being first in the list, and the lowest tier being last. Each enchantment rarity will have the enchantments ordered alphabetically and by level, to make it look even more satisfying!
Last but not least, here are a number of miscellaneous changes:
- We will be decreasing the faction sizes to 10.
- As a result, we will be increasing the power per player to 450.
- Sugarcane, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining and Mycelium will all still be the main economy options for the map allowing for everyone to choose any method to gain money.
- However like previously, the Mycelium and PvP Fishing economy options will be better than the other methods to account for the fact that PvP is required for these options.
- We will be adding an extra ability to the Miner's Pickaxe in the /pshop for Tier 3. There will be a small chance for the pickaxe to break all blocks that you have access to break, in a 3x3x3 area.
- We will be adding the Events Bundle to the server store.
We hope you're just as hyped as we are for the exciting upcoming map of Factions Amber! Thank you everyone for a great previous map, see look forward to seeing you all at 3:00 PM EST on Saturday for the Amber reset!