Hey everyone! To celebrate the start of the new school year, we are releasing a limited time Back to School Backpack! The limited time Back to School Backpack will be available from now
Greetings everyone, the newest season of Factions Amber is here!
The next Amber map will release on Saturday August 28th @ 3:00 PM EST / 7:00 AM AEST / 8:00 PM BST.
The map will last multiple weeks which means there will be a payout which will be issued every Friday @ 5PM EST until a payout week is announced as the final payout week.
- Multiple week long map - 3 days of grace & multiple weeks of TNT
- 15 man factions
- 3 second cannons
- 20 Chunk Buffers
- Faction Shields last 14 hours
- 350 Power per player
- Unlimited Roster Size, unlimited kicks per day, max of unlimited at one time
- Raiding Outpost will open when the first Raid Event of the map has ended.
- Setting/changing your Faction Shields will come with with additional restrictions on Tuesday @ 3:10AM EST
- Mining Spawner costs change from being free to costing 40% of their shop price on Tuesday @ 3:10AM EST
- Faction Shields are disabled from 12PM-5PM EST on Payout Days
- 8 grinding areas of 18 Silverfish Spawners in the Mycelium World (Reached & Exited via an End Portal)
- Account Sharing allowed
- 7 types of Regens allowed
- Sugarcane, Fishing, Mycelium, Woodcutting, Mining & Spawner economy
- The economy sheet can be found here
- Loads of Custom Enchants
- Bow boosting disabled
- $400 Weekly F-Top - $200 Paypal & $200 Buycraft
- 9 custom worlds along with the Overworld with a border of 2500 x 2500 giving 40 corners – These can be reached with the warp names: End, Nether, Redworld, Greyworld, ClayWorld, SunWorld, DarkWorld, CherryWorld & CrystalWorld
- During grace, TNT & Creeper Eggs will be disabled
- During the first 30 minutes of the map, Faction Fly will be disabled
As usual, the first 3 days of grace period will have no payout. Here are the prizes for the payout placings every week on Friday at 5pm EST:
- First Place: $125 Paypal & $75 Buycraft
- Second Place: $50 Paypal & $50 Buycraft
- Third Place: $25 Paypal & $25 Buycraft
- Fourth Place: $25 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $25 Buycraft
How do we get our payout if we win?
- Set your PayPal email on the server with the command: /paypal [email]
- Set your Buycraft email on the server with the command: /giftcard [email]
As you know, with a new season comes a brand new spawn! Check it out below:
For this upcoming map of Factions Amber, we will be adding Regens! Along with the usual walls and sand walls, there are 7 types of Regens that we will be allowing on our rule page. These types of regens can be seen below:
- Minechats - if only the back is filled with lava / Frontfills - if both the back and the middle is filled with lava
- 45 Degree Walls
- Anti-One Wides
- Regen Filters
- 255 Regen Bar
- Regen Rev Layers
- Regen Roof Layers
We will also be providing cannon schematics that will allow you to raid Regens even if you are unfamiliar with them. These will be released in the Leaders Discord shortly.
In order to help you build these bases more easily, we will be adding a Gen Bucket via /gb that will spawn lava source blocks that behaves like any other existing Gen Bucket. The price of this will be $5,000 per Gen Bucket.
Extra Raid Changes
Due to the changes in the type of Regen walls you can use, there have been a number of changes being made to how raiding works on Amber:
- We have added a rule stating you cannot counter any cannon box from behind - commonly referred to as back countering - on our rule page. Please view the rule for more information.
- We will also be changing the Raid Event and RO bases to reflect the addition of regens.
- Mid-airing is now allowed as shown on our rule page.
- We will not be allowing any sized source block ocean per side as shown on our rule page.
- We will be allowing you to use Finnster walls & Anti-Nuke walls (which includes 45 degree walls) in your base buffer as shown on our rule page.
- We will be changing the amount of walls allowed on a Cannon Box. If your Cannon Box is not within your base buffer, you can have walls up to 48 blocks away. If your Cannon Box is within your base buffer you can have walls up to 96 blocks away. We will also allow you to use Finnster walls, Anti-Nuke walls (which includes 45 degree walls) and Regen walls as defenses to cannon boxes as shown on our rule page.
- We will be changing the requirement to be eligible for /F Top Payouts, to walls up to at least 10 chunks away from your base as shown on our rule page.
- For the Raid Event, if multiple factions have the same /F Top value then the order of these factions will be determined by who has more Potential Top value.
- There is now a 5 second grace period after you have been withered by a Bard where you will be unable to be withered again regardless of who deals the effect.
- Sandys will be changed so that money comes straight from the faction money bank.
- Phase 2 of Lockdown which lasts for 20 minutes will be completely skipped for the Raiding Outpost resulting in the length of a Lockdown lasting 15 minutes in total.
- We will be completely removing notification chunks (/f notifchunks).
- We will be allowing factions to have 1 ally during this map.
- You will be able to control what your ally has access to via /f perms. By default your ally will have access to nothing unless you give them access.
- You ally will be able to help you with things that aren't considered teaming, which will be listed on our rule page. It mainly includes helping to defend, raid and PvPing. It will not include sharing value that isn't obtained from raids or sharing bases.
- We will be reducing the delay at which you are required to wait when changing your shield during raiding time from 36 hours to 24 hours.
- We will be adding a 24 hour grace period that automatically enables after the payout screenshot and the F Top resets. A broadcast will be shown when this happens.
- During the Grace Period, the available economies will be buffed back to their original amounts during Grace to encourage people to grind.
- Please note that mining spawner costs will still remain, as well as the high Creeper spawn rate. You will also be unable to change your shield without a 24 hour wait, however an FvF event will still occur 2.5 hours before TNT enables again, and the Raiding Outpost rewards will be buffed to the Grace amounts.
After taking note of how the last season of Factions Amber turned out, we've made a few changes to the economy for the upcoming map:
- Sugarcane, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining & Mycelium will all still be the main economy options for the map allowing for everyone to choose a variety of ways to earn money. However like before, the Mycelium economy option and PvP Fishing will be better than other methods to account for the fact that PvP is required for those options.
- Due to some recent changes to our Woodcutting System which has also resulted in the increase in the amount of money you make from woodcutting unintentionally, we will be decreasing the sell price of Wood Logs from $400 to $300 as a result. Woodcutting will still be worthwhile when compared to Sugarcane and Fishing in the Safe Lake.
- We will also be nerfing Mining when compared to the last map due to it being more overpowered than expected.
- We will be nerfing the amount of Silverfish that spawns during raiding by 50% when compared to Grace.
- We will also be adding ways to nerf Blazes, Mining, Sugarcane, Fishing and Woodcutting during raiding by 50% when compared to Grace.
- The /F Top System for spawners has been changed to provide more points, KoTHs less points and Raiding Outpost more points.
- We will also be adding points for grinding Blazes, Silverfish, fishing, woodcutting, Sugarcane and mining.
Introducing our brand new Class system! At the beginning of each map, you will have the ability to choose a Class. Once you have chosen a class, you will be able to obtain EXP that allows you to upgrade to the next level. When you upgrade to any level, you will receive a token that you can spend to unlock different abilities for that specific class.
If you want to change your class, you will be able to, however you will lose all your old abilities and will only be given half the EXP you initially had, allowing you to instantly purchase some of the abilities you want in your newly chosen class.
You will be able to gain EXP in a variety of methods which include; killing mobs, placing cactus, grinding sugarcane, killing silverfish, custom fishing, custom mining, breaking logs, leveling up mcMMOs, completing ArchonPass levels, taking part in Curses, securing Envoys, killing Bosses, KoTHS, LMS, FVF events, active playtime, and mining and placing blocks.
We will be releasing Classes in the upcoming season of Amber with 3 initial classes containing 11/12 abilities each. Each ability will have multiple levels that can be upgraded. Some of these abilities will require a certain level before they can even be purchased to be unlocked.
A few of the abilities will be permanent abilities, however majority of them will be abilities that can be used followed by a cooldown. You will be able to view the details of these classes in-game with /classes.
You'll be able to activate your abilities via a specific item in your inventory/hotbar which will allow you to choose the ability you want to activate before being activated.
Last but not least, here are a number of miscellaneous changes:
- We will be giving out temporary ranks in the /pass to reward grinding as well as in other methods throughout the server.
- We will allow the use of /reloadchunks in Printer which will reload the chunks nearby.
- Printer is now more accurate when printing in blocks.
- We will allow people to go into Printer even if they have armor on.
- When a player in Printer is hit, they will be forced out of Printer.
- The Reduce Damage Faction Missions will be nerfed to only provide a maximum of 15% less damage in your own faction land.
- If a faction has points and would like to disband, as long as they only have 1 spawnerchunk left, they will be able to disband. However, the faction will remain with the relevant claimed spawnerchunks only in order for the points to be raidable. Once points are reset, these claims and factions will be cleared.
- We will be limiting the length of spawnerchunks in a line to 10 due to the fact that the maximum base size is a 10 by 10.
- We will also be limiting the amount a faction can change their spawnerchunk locations by adding a 6 hour cooldown, and not allowing factions to change their spawnerchunk 5 hours prior to the payout screenshot.
- The length of combat tag has been reduced from 30 to 20 seconds.
- We will be disabling trails when combat tagged.
- Water will no longer destroy levers and all carpets.
- If you have died recently you won't be allowed to enter the Mycelium World similar to the Outpost World.
- /f lockdown will show information on phase 1 for maps where Notification Chunks are enabled and set to 1 second delay.
- You can no longer use Switcher Balls when disguised.
- Creeper Eggs will now not blow up other Creeper Eggs when they explode.
- We will be differentiating the difference between KoTHs started by the server and or ones stared by players, as they will give a different amount of points.
- We will be buffing the durability of armor.
- We will be buffing the health of turrets to make them more usable.
- We will be allowing players to buy specific Custom Enchantment books but at a higher cost. The cost to purchase Level 1 books will be 40, Level 2 will be 55 and Level 3 will be 70.
- When you hover over a Custom Enchantment book, the description of the book will be displayed as the lore.
We hope you're just as hyped as we are for the exciting upcoming map of Factions Amber! Thank you everyone for a great previous map, see look forward to seeing you all at 3:00 PM EST on Saturday for the Amber reset!