Hello everyone! Today we are happy to announce that on Saturday April 30th @ 2:00 PM EDT / 5:00 AM AEST / 7:00 PM BST. we will be resetting the Outlands gamemode! Top
Heard of a fun new game you want to play in Minecraft multiplayer? Want to meet other players and go mining together? In this guide, we'll show you how to join Minecraft servers and the different game modes available. Read and start playing today!
Finding A Server IP Address
Located within the multiplayer section of the game, you can either add a server or direct connect to a server address. These are not provided by Minecraft, but rather by third-party providers. The best Minecraft servers offer fun game modes such as Minecraft prison servers, which you won't find anywhere else in the game!
Common places to find a server address to play include:
- YouTube videos
- Helpful Minecraft articles
- From a friend!
- Minecraft server lists
- Social media
What Do Servers Provide?
Servers can be anything from a multiplayer version of survival, to completely new games which are only available on that particular Minecraft server. An example of this would be Outlands, which is a game created by TheArchon and unlike any other server. Get new tools and items which take advantage of server resource packs and battle against other players in multiplayer.
What Are Server Resource Packs?
Server resource packs are supplied by the Minecraft server that you are playing on. You are prompted to apply it to your game. Please note that many servers which offer a resource pack may restrict gameplay if you don't accept. When you logout from the server, the pack is removed from your Minecraft and you can go on to play another game. If you want to automatically accept resource packs, this can be enabled under the "edit server" settings.
What Types Of Servers Are There?
- Survival multiplayer: Gamemodes such as Minecraft towny servers take the survival gamemode from singleplayer and turn it into a community. Work together on building projects, trade items with one another and battle in PvP arenas.
- War games: These servers are usually based around player-vs-player combat. The entire world may have it enabled, so you can duel anyone you may come across in the open world. Some game modes such as Factions are all about claiming territory and raiding your enemies. You can use attack strategies such as TNT cannons, which will shoot TNT bombs into enemy bases. Watch it explode as you head inside and loot all their valuables!
- Minigames: Unlike other gamemodes, which are more persistent, mini games are games within games..! While you will often level up and collect points, there is no progress saved in terms of items or bases. Go head-to-head with other players in arcade-style games such as KitPvP, where you all head into an arena and battle to be the last man standing.
- Roleplay games: A popular element of Minecraft java servers with younger players is roleplay. Get your own world and turn it into a roleplay environment with other players. Invite your friends and escape into your own roleplay world.
- Island games: Games such as Minecraft skyblock servers & one block give you an island in the sky which you must turn into your own world! Discover new mechanics such as item generators which you can mine to get new blocks and items for your world. Go from a tiny island into a massive universe while you complete quests and take on challenges. Be part of massive economies which can often run up into the billions of dollars. There's lots of trading, quests and challenges to get stuck into with these types of games. This is the most popular genre of Minecraft games in 2022!
How To Join Minecraft Java Servers
- Open Minecraft
- Add Server
- Input the server name & server address
- Click done and join to start playing