PvP arenas pit yourself against other players in an ancient-style free-for-all. Improve your combat skills and reign victorious in a multiplayer environment. In this guide, learn how to get started in 2022.
Factions: Onyx Mini Map
Greetings everyone, we are excited to introduce the latest Mini Map!
The Onyx Mini Map will release on Sunday August 21st @ 3:00 PM EDT / 6:00 AM AEST / 8:00 PM BST.
The map will last 4 days which means there will only be 1 payout that will be issued at the end of the map on Thursday 25th August @ 5PM EDT.
- 4-day map – 2 days of Grace & 2 days of TNT
- 3 man factions
- 3-second cannoning
- 15 Chunk Buffers
- Faction Shields last 20 hours
- 1000 Power per player
- Unlimited Roster Size, unlimited kicks per day, max of unlimited at one time
- Faction Shields are set on Tuesday @ 5:00 PM EDT
- Mining Spawner costs change from being free to costing 60% of their shop price on Tuesday @ 3:00 AM EDT
- TNT drop rates changed from Grace drop rates (50%) to Raiding drop rates (100%) on Tuesday @ 3:00 AM EDT
- Faction Shields are disabled from 12 PM - 5 PM EDT on the Payout day
- 5 grinding areas of 18 Silverfish Spawners in the Mycelium World (Reached & Exited via the End Portal)
- Account Sharing Allowed
- No Regens
- Fishing, Woodcutting, Mycelium, and Spawner Economy
- The economy sheet can be found here
- Limited Custom Enchants
- Bow Boosting Disabled
- $595 F-Top, $195 PayPal & $400 Buycraft
- 9 custom worlds along with the overworld with a border of 2500 x 2500 giving 40 corners – The End, The Nether, RedWorld, GreyWorld, ClayWorld, SunWorld, DarkWorld, CherryWorld, and CrystalWorld
- During grace, TNT & Creeper Eggs will be disabled
- During the first 30 minutes of the map, Faction Fly will be disabled
The first 2 days of the grace period will have no payout. Here are the prizes for the payout placings:
- First Place: $130 Paypal & $150 Buycraft
- Second Place: $50 PayPal & $100 Buycraft
- Third Place: $25 PayPal & $75 Buycraft
- Fourth Place: $50 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $25 Buycraft
How do we get our payout if we win?
- Set your PayPal email on the server with the command: /paypal [email]
- Set your Buycraft email on the server with the command: /giftcard [email]
Mini Map Spawn
We're dusting off some golden maps from days long past, and restoring them to their former glory! Take a look at the spawn you can expect to see for the upcoming Mini Map:
Mini Map & Rule Changes
Mini Maps are super short maps will take place between main seasons on Onyx, or during longer break periods. You'll find that the main seasons of Onyx will begin on Saturdays per the usual reset schedule and that Mini Maps will start on off-days. Mini Maps are expected to be between 3-5 days in length.
Map details and rules have been updated to accommodate the Mini Map changes, so be sure to read through it all before taking part in the new maps, to avoid confusion. We'll be updating the following rules:
- Rule 10 - 1 f ban will result in a strike.
- Rule 28 - 1 chunk source block oceans and water bucketing to any extent (anywhere) is now allowed.
- Rule 39 - We have lowered the required time to switch cannons from 15 mins to 10 mins.
Last but not least, here is some miscellaneous information:
- Removed the Infected Enchantment during mini maps.
- We will be running a Mining, Woodcutting, and Fishing alongside Mycelium (Silverfish) economy.
The sun is shining and the temperature is ramping up, so it's time to dig out your bathing suit and sunglasses, and head on down to the beach! To celebrate the summer season arriving at last, we have released the limited-time Summer Dungeon on Factions!
The limited-time Summer Dungeon is still available all summer from now until September 18th so raid one while you can! You can find the Summer Credit Bundle in the Dungeon section on shop.thearchon.net. Find out more about the Summer Dungeon below:
I hope you're excited for the all-new Mini Map seasons, see you at 3:00 PM EDT on Sunday for the start of the world!