Outlands has been on TheArchon since 2019. As we continue to explore all the different Minecraft servers available, today we'll look at the guns servers. Read the guide and join thousands of players that enjoy this game mode every day.
Greetings everyone, the upcoming season of Factions Onyx is here!
The next Onyx map will release on Saturday February 26th @ 3:00 PM EST / 5:00 AM AEST / 8:00 PM GMT.
The map will last 8 days which means there will only be 1 payout that will be issued at the end of the map on Sunday 6th March @ 5PM EST.
- 8 day map – 3 days of Grace & 5 days of TNT
- 5 man factions
- 3 second cannoning
- 15 Chunk Buffers
- Faction Shields last 16 hours
- 900 Power per player
- 15 Roster Size, 1 kick per day, max of 1 at one time
- F Roster kick limits enabled on Sunday @ 3:00 AM EST
- Faction Shields are set on Tuesday @ 3:00 AM EST
- Mining Spawner costs change from being free to costing 60% of their shop price on Tuesday @ 3:00 AM EST
- TNT drop rates changed from Grace drop rates (50%) to Raiding drop rates (100%) on Tuesday @ 3:00 AM EST
- Faction Shields are disabled from 12PM-5PM EST on Payout Days
- 8 grinding areas of 18 Silverfish Spawners in the Mycelium World (Reached & Exited via a End Portal)
- Account Sharing Disallowed
- No Regens
- Sugarcane, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mycelium and Spawner Economy
- The economy sheet can be found here
- Limited Custom Enchants & Bow Boosting Disabled
- $1,400 F-Top - $800 Paypal & $600 Buycraft
- 9 custom worlds along with the overworld with a border of 2500 x 2500 giving 40 corners – The End, The Nether, RedWorld, GreyWorld, ClayWorld, SunWorld, DarkWorld, CherryWorld and CrystalWorld
- During grace, TNT & Creeper Eggs will be disabled
- During the first 30 minutes of the map, Faction Fly will be disabled
As usual, the first 6 days of grace period will have no payout. Here are the prizes for the payout placings:
- First Place: $500 Paypal & $250 Buycraft
- Second Place: $200 PayPal & $150 Buycraft
- Third Place: $100 PayPal & $100 Buycraft
- Fourth Place: $50 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $50 Buycraft
Note: FTOP will be paid out once per week that raiding is enabled. The amounts listed above are the total amounts we are giving away to the winners.
How do we get our payout if we win?
- Set your PayPal email on the server with the command: /paypal [email]
- Set your Buycraft email on the server with the command: /giftcard [email]
With the season comes a brand new spawn! Check it out below:
Our team has been working hard on improving the Anti-Cheat, allowing it to cover a wider range of illegal modifications, as well as adding a system that temporarily bans users found to be cheating via the Anti-cheat.
Players cheating will only be banned via the Anti-Cheat if both the team and the Anti-Cheat are highly confident in the fact that the player is cheating. If you believe that you have been falsely banned, then you can make an appeal on the official TheArchon Discord. We hope that this new system helps improve the experience for the majority of the Factions playerbase.
We have also been working on improve the server JAR, making the player experience even better than before. The new JAR is expected to be released during the Onyx Map, where you will notice significant improvements and changes to the cannoning mechanics (including 11 wide holes), as well as other areas like the /fps menu and Printer.
We hope now that /printer is far more efficient when printing anything on Onyx. Please let us know via ticket in the official TheArchon Discord if you notice any bugs or have any suggestions regarding these changes.
We are changing the way Dungeons are bought, as previously it was confusing and took and took a long time to do. Now, instead of purchasing specific Dungeons, you’ll purchase Dungeon Credits in bundles from the store and use the credits in-game to purchase Dungeons. You’ll see that there is a new Dungeons menu in-game providing all the additional information in one single, easy-to-understand area.
Along with this, we are introducing Rank Dungeons! These Dungeons are better than the standard Dungeons, as they will all provide a permanent rank. Each tier of Dungeon will hold the following rewards:
- Tier 1 - 1x Rank 4 (Rank with /fixhand), 2x Rank 2 & 5 random items
- Tier 2 - 1x Rank 5 (Rank with /nick), 2x Rank 2 & 5 random items
- Tier 3 - 1x Rank 6 (Rank with /fixall), 2x Rank 3 & 6 random items
- Tier 4 - 1x Rank 7 (TOP RANK), 2x rank 3 & 6 random items
Lastly, we have added an exciting new Dungeon World Map to go alongside new Dungeons Maps, dedicated for Rank Dungeons and Monthly Dungeons that you can explore!
You can view all the details of each rank in-game with /ranks. The new Dungeon credits can be purchasable on our store here.
Faction Raid Claims
Introducing Raid Claims! Setting a Raid Claim works similarly to spawner chunks, and will appear a different color on the map - this will be the chunks that your cannon must be built in. To maximize your total raid claim, you can claim normal chunks around it.
Raid Claims will be able to be viewed via the /f raidclaim command, which will include all necessary information, as well as how to set them up via /f raidclaim set. There is a limit to the amount of Raid Claims that you can set, and this information can be viewed on the rule page.
These new Faction Raid Claims will also have a lockdown similar to bases, and will allow us to automate many of the rules that are in place. This means that there will be a 15-minute timer alongside restrictions on what you can do. These changes ensure that multiple factions aren't shooting at your cannon box, but will also let them know when they can switch cannons when shooting at your cannon box.
As well as a lockdown, we will also be adding a barrier border, preventing players that are not involved with the raid from being able to enter the territory. Additionally, you will be able to set up a barrier block border at the back of the Raid Claim Chunks using /f raidclaim setdirection, which will prohibit factions from shooting TNT from behind, into your cannon box.
Faction Permissions /f perms are being updated to allow you to control all of the relevant features, however, you will not have any Notification Chunks telling you when your raid claim is being raided. This means that /f lockdown will not exist for these raid claims either.
Due to the addition of Faction Raid Claims, factions will be notified when they attempt to raid a base or cannon box from 2 different raid claims without waiting the required time - this would be illegal.
We will also be requiring TNT to be shot within Raid Claim Chunks to trigger a lockdown on a base or cannon box, to keep raiding tidy.
- We will be running a Sugarcane, Mining, Woodcutting, Fishing alongside Mycelium (Silverfish) economy, but with Fishing reduced compared to the last season to ensure balance with the other options and our intended economy.
Thank you everyone for another amazing map, see you all at 3:00 PM EST on Saturday for the Onyx reset!