Greetings everyone, the newest season of Factions Onyx is here!Realm InformationThe next Onyx map will release on Saturday July 11th @ 3:00 PM EST/6:00 AM AEST/8:00 PM BST.
Hello everyone! Today we are excited to announce that on Saturday July 11th 2PM EST / 4:00 AM AEST / 7:00 PM BST The Archon will be merging both Outlands realms into 1 server.
After carefully analyzing the current Outlands situation and discussing our content with both the dedicated Outlands staff team and council members, we have decided to proceed with new measures that will allow us to once again establish all the great aspects of the gamemode that we had in our most popular seasons where we reached over 500 concurrent users.
As a result of this, we will be merging both Outlands 1x and 2x into one realm - Outlands. This realm will keep all of the Outlands 2x aspects as we noticed that this was the preferred realm for most Outlands players. This means that there will be 2 times the normal drop rate for resources and animal drops.
Players who have a rank on 1 of the realms will get that same rank on the new merged Outlands realm. If a player has lower ranks on both Outlands realms then those ranks will be combined together to create a higher rank on the new merged Outlands realm (for example, Soldier Rank + Recruit rank = Bandit Rank). If a player has a rank on both Outlands realms and the combined rank is higher than Predator, then the player will get Predator rank on the new merged realm plus buycraft credit equal to the remaining value after both ranks are added together, and your new rank is subtracted from that total.
We are happy to announce that Outlands will now have Payouts!
The new ranking system that we introduced last season was a success. We were able to create a way to evaluate and rank players based on how well they were performing during that season. As well as this, we were able to improve the system based on the feedback we received from you, the players and as a result, we are ready to support Payouts!
Payouts will reward the top 5 Clans on the Warehouse Ranking system - this is displayed on the right side of tab.
The season will end after 1 month (4 weeks). Rewards will be sent every Friday starting during the first week after the release, running until the third week. The fourth week (final week) will not have payouts.
Here are the weekly rewards:
- First Place: $150 PayPal & $150 Buycraft
- Second Place: $100 PayPal & $80 Buycraft
- Third Place: $75 Buycraft
- Fourth Place: $50 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $30 Buycraft
How do we get our payout if we win?
- The clan owner must set the PayPal email on the server with the command: /paypal [email]
- The clan owner must set the Buycraft email on the server with the command: /giftcard [email]
Be sure to check all our new rules if you want to consider playing for Payouts.
Recipe Limit Removal
We are removing the recipe limit for almost all our in-game recipes (40+ items) except the T4 Block Recipe, T5 Block Recipe, Fuse Recipe, C4 Recipe, Explosives Recipe and Homemade Explosive Recipe.
Due to the removal of the recipe limit, we will also be removing all the other recipes from the Season Recipe Shop - keeping on there just the recipes that still have limits. The only way to get the normal unlimited recipes will be through radioactive barrels, crates or supply drops.
The Grace Period will now only take effect during the first 24 hours after a new season begins, instead of 48 hours previously.
We felt that players didn't need 2 full days of grace for base preparation and want to allow more time for players to raid each other near the beginning of the season where getting a good start is important.
The TierLock period will be slightly modified so players can enjoy more PvP using other armor types (Wooden, Forest, Soldier).
New tierlock times:
- Stage 1: 2 hours
- Stage 2: 4 hours
- Stage 3: 20 hours
- Stage 4: 44 hours
- Stage 5: 76 hours
New Gladiator Arena
We are adding a brand new Gladiator arena that is military themed. This arena will be slightly smaller in size compared to our old one, this will encourage faster PvP against other clan participants.
- We will be using the same map, however we are adding a few fixes to the terrain to prevent unraidable base spots.
- Map size will be (3,500 x 3,500 blocks).
- The cities, caves, middle-biome, etc will all be the same so you can plan out where to build your base before the new season begins.
- Guns & Equipment are getting balanced, we noticed that some armor types had too much resistance and even guns with good rarities were not applying too much damage to them.
- We are adding a new feature to buff gun rarities. Higher rarities will have a better shooting accuracy (displayed on the gun lore).
- The Tier 5 Block (Titanium) will have a new texture - and we are working on a complete texture revamp for all of our guns that will be released soon.
- With the payouts addition, we have updated the Outlands rules, so be sure to read over everything before playing.
- We made several optimizations on our anticheat, including making all checks more accurate.
- Vehicles will no longer drop in radioactive barrels nor supply drops, making them a lot more rare. Now, every 10 minutes one vehicle will be spawned inside a random city around the map and players close to this city will receive a message about the vehicle spawning.
- The first three tool cupboards placed will have a 12h protection, after that, the fourth one will have only 3h, so players can no longer abuse the protection timer.
- The Season points will be reset due to the merge on both realms.
- Beginners can now be killed in the middle biome, however, they will not lose anything from their inventory. This was added as we received complaints that players were using alt-accounts to farm in the middle area.
- Guns and Equipment will now display a title alert when they are about to break.
Free PvP Kit
During the next few days, any players on both Outlands 1x & 2x will receive a PvP + Building kit for FREE as a thank you for playing on the server. This Kit will contain guns, equipment, blocks and also few C4 explosives, so be sure to join and have some fun practicing your building, raiding & PvP skills before the merge! These kits will not be available after the merge so use them while you can.
Thank you for continuing to place your trust in us. Please do not hesitate to reach out on Discord with any questions or suggestions regarding the merge - Discuss your opinion with other players on #outlands-chat!