Greetings everyone, the newest season of Factions Onyx is here! Realm Information The next Onyx map will release on Saturday December 5th @ 3:00 PM EST/7:00 AM AEST/8:00 PM
Hello everyone! Today we are happy to announce that on Saturday December 5th @ 2:00 PM EST / 6:00 AM AEST / 7:00 PM BST. we will be resetting the Outlands gamemode!
Top 5 Payouts
The map will last 3 weeks. Payouts are evaluated every Friday at 5PM EST - The 1st week after the wipe will not have payouts, only the 2nd and 3rd weeks.
- First Place: $150 PayPal & $150 Buycraft
- Second Place: $100 PayPal & $80 Buycraft
- Third Place: $75 Buycraft
- Forth Place: $50 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $30 Buycraft
How do we get our payout if we win?
- Set your PayPal email on the server with the command: /paypal [email]
- Set your Buycraft email on the server with the command: /giftcard [email]
When players first join the Outlands realm to begin their epic journey, they are often overwhelmed by the amount of content they have to learn to be able to play properly, as well as being fearful of experienced players who may kill them quickly and easily.
As a result of this, we have added a new Reputation System, to allow newer players to be able to find their feet better, without fear of being dominated by expert players.
If you are a new player with less than 10 hours play time across all previous seasons, then you'll be given the "Peaceful" tag above your head. When you surpass 10 hours of playtime, you will no longer have this tag.
If you kill a player with the Peaceful tag, then you'll lose points (explained further on in this post) and will be given the "Villain" tag above your head. When players with the Villain tag kill other players, they will have their kills displayed on the minimap with a small red dot for 5 minutes. This allows opposing players to easily see where you are, thus giving you a disadvantage.
On the other hand, if you kill a Villain tag player or just keep playing the game as normal without killing any Peaceful players, then you'll earn the "Conqueror" tag above your head. If you kill someone as a Conqueror then your kills will not be displayed on the minimap, and you will be a part of a special ranking system with rewards for respecting new players.
You'll receive +10 points for killing a Villain player, and will get -10 points if you kill a Peaceful player. The amount of points that you have will be displayed right next to your tag above your head.
New players will also have access to the Guidance Menu, which allows them to complete small easy tasks to understand the game better. To access this menu, you must have only just joined Outlands for the first time, and use the command /tasks. Upon completion of all of the tasks, you will earn a reward.
Rare Cap - Middle Biome
This new system is to encourage more activity in the Middle Biome, instead of top clans just dominating the area and not allowing other clans to access it's benefits.
During the upcoming season, we will be adding a rarity cap to the Middle Biome area, which means if you've got armor or weapons that are higher than Rare rarity (Legendary & Mythic) then it will no longer behave as those rarities and will instead behave like the Rare rarity.
For example, if a player enters the Middle Biome with Kevlar armor or an AK47 with Mythic rarity, the resistance/damage will work as if it was Rare rarity instead. As soon as the player leaves the Middle Biome, then their armor and weapons will return to their original rarities.
Enhanced Raid Benefits
We have added back the block downgrade system that was previously removed, however it will now only affect Tier 4 and Tier 5 blocks. When a tool cupboard is raided, all Tier 4 and Tier 5 blocks in the tool cupboard area will be downgraded to the tier below them. Tier 5 -> Tier 4, Tier 4 -> Tier 3.
We previously removed this feature as it was frustrating for players who did not have high tier blocks in their tool cupboard area, and if they had Tier 1 blocks, then those blocks would be removed entirely.
As well as this, when raiding a tool cupboard, you will get 40% of the total Warehouse points, and 50% of the points when counter-raiding.
New Crates & Forge Buff
With the removal of the Darius and Hydra crates from the store and game, we are adding 3 new attachments to Loot Barrels. As well as this, we are also adding 2 new crates that will be less p2w but will still have useful, balanced rewards.
One of the perks that you can receive from the new crates is the Forge Buff permission. This new buff allows you to instantly melt any armor or gun without having to use any coal.
We will reveal the new crate names and store prices a few hours before the reset, so be sure to check the server store just before release!
- We will use the same map (3.000 x 3.000 blocks). We are currently working on a new map for a season in the near future.
- Same cities, caves, middle-biome, etc. You can plan where you will build your base.
- 24h of Grace Period.
- Tierlock period remains the same.
- Same clan roster - 3 members and 4 with upgrade - Clan alliance is also kept as the same.
- Fixed the bugged damage that was stacking with the bleeding attachment.
- Bounty Event will now have just a supply drop as a reward.
- Added two new crates on our webstore.
- Fixed FNFAL damage while in close range to other users.
- Ethanol points decreased to 20 in the warehouse.
- All Wireframe Guns will no longer have rarity differences.
- Changed the Gladiador event map.
- Buffs are now only obtainable through crates.
- Increased the resource amount when mining without active buffs.
- Removed the custom crosshair from the resource pack.
- Balanced in-game XP progression (leveling up).
- Added a different shelter (bigger) when placed for the first time.
- Bed and Autofurnace are now set as consumable items, being easily traded in-game.
- Reduced the sizes of base upgrades.
Free PvP Kit
Right after Friday’s Payout @ 6:00PM EST, any players on Outlands will receive a PvP + Building kit for FREE as a thank you for playing on the server. This Kit will contain guns, equipment, blocks and also few C4 explosives, so be sure to join and have some fun practicing your building, raiding & PvP skills before the merge! These kits will not be available after the wipe so use them while you can.
Thank you for your ongoing support towards the Outlands realm. Please do not hesitate to reach out on Discord with any questions or suggestions regarding the reset - Discuss your opinions with other players in the #outlands-chat!