Hello everyone! For this week's content update we've made numerous quality of life changes to Skyblock, where we've made improvements to some features as well as added some new commands and items that
Hello everyone! Today we are happy to announce that on Saturday September 12th @ 2PM EST / 5:00 AM AEST / 7:00 PM BST we will be resetting the Outlands gamemode!
Top 5 Payouts
The map will last 3 weeks. Payouts are evaluated every Friday at 5PM EST - The 1st week after the wipe will not have payouts, only the 2nd and 3rd weeks.
- First Place: $150 PayPal & $150 Buycraft
- Second Place: $100 PayPal & $80 Buycraft
- Third Place: $75 Buycraft
- Forth Place: $50 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $30 Buycraft
How do we get our payout if we win?
- Set your PayPal email on the server with the command: /paypal [email]
- Set your Buycraft email on the server with the command: /giftcard [email]
For the next season of Outlands, we're introducing a brand new map! We designed this map while taking into consideration the start of school or college for most of our players, so we wanted to create a slightly smaller map that is 3.000 x 3.000 blocks in size.
The brand new map will have 5 different biomes - the middle biome being the home to the infamous Oil Rig, and 4 biomes in each of the map's corners. We also kept the 4 caves that you can find around the map, however we have added a few special hidden cities, so be sure to keep it secret if you find them!
Raiding and Barrels
After analyzing how the game progresses at the moment, with big clans crafting dozens of C4s every week. As a result, we have decided to make raiding a bit more challenging and at the same time enhance the Radioactive Barrel's importance.
That being said, C4 and Tier 5 block recipes are now being removed from the recipes crate and season shop, and now are only obtainable through radioactive barrels and supply drops. Novice and newer players will benefit from this change as they will be able to obtain and sell C4 recipes for a lot of value, significantly helping them during the beginning of the game.
After discussing internally about the base downgrade feature and how it works on Outlands (when you raid a tool cupboard, all blocks inside are downgraded in 1 tier) we have decided to remove that feature completely from the server during this upcoming season.
The base downgrade feature was one of the most popular reasons why players would quit playing on the server - knowing that it is extremely tough to repair the whole base or even start it again after getting raided, and that sometimes players care more about their base getting downgraded then losing their chest items.
Adding a Duel system is something the Outlands community has highly requested for a little while now, and that is why we're excited to introduce Duels to you all!
Players will be able to create duel lobbies through the command /duel, bringing only their own items to the battle! Duels will have 1x1, 2x2, 3x3 or 4x4 options, and if you kill someone inside the arena, you will be able to collect all of that player's items.
As well as this, you will be able to check all of your opponent's inventories before starting the duel, making sure that both sides are going to have an equal battle.
We will have two different arena maps, one for 1x1 and 2x2 battles and other for 3x3 and 4x4:
We recently hosted a survey in-game asking you all what clan member limit you wanted during the next map. As a result of this survey, we are changing the clan slots limit to 4 players and 6 with the upgrade feature - that will make the game more balanced for small and medium clans. Be sure to read over our rules before playing it.
If you don't have a clan and are looking for one then you can check our #clan-recruitment channel on discord!
Tier 3 Tools
Taking into consideration that many players believed the T3 tool package - the Mystery Tool product on the server store was too expensive and not worth purchasing, we've decreased the price to $4.99 and added T2 tools to the mix.
T2 Tools: +50% bonus when mining.
T3 Tools: +100% bonus when mining
- New /enemy system applied and working - set enemy clans to see their nicknames in the red color, making it easier to recognize players from that clan during big fights.
- Made it easier to upgrade tool cupboards until level 5.
- Tool cupboard expansions have had their areas decreased.
- Increased the chance to get good equipment in Radioactive Barrels.
- Removed the T3 Tools from the /reward menu, adding different rewards instead.
- Special Altar reward decreased from 5% to 3% warehouse points.
- FNFAL gun has been buffed.
- Changed raid timer to 4 minutes and only the first clan who placed the C4/Homemade will be able to keep placing it during the raid timer.
- Orepiles tierlock increased to 48h instead of 24h.
- Increased Guardian Shield protection to 14h instead of 12h.
- Added new Beginner Guardian Shield (obtained on barrels) with 6h of protection.
- Crates have been buffed (common, loot I, loot II, Hydra, Darius, etc).
- Other general bug fixes & modifications.
Thank you for continuing to support and play on the Outlands realm. Please do not hesitate to reach out on Discord with any questions or suggestions regarding the reset - Discuss your opinions with other players in the #outlands-chat!