Hello everyone! For this month's content update we are taking a look at our existing pets on Skyblock and making some balancing changes, as well as adding some awesome new pets that you
Hello everyone! Today we are happy to announce that on Saturday July 24th @ 12:00 PM EST / 4:00 AM AEST / 5:00 PM BST. we will be resetting the Outlands gamemode!
Top 5 Payouts
The map will last 3 weeks. Payouts are evaluated every Friday at 5PM EST - The 1st week after the wipe will not have payouts, only the 2nd and 3rd weeks.
- First Place: $150 PayPal & $120 Buycraft
- Second Place: $100 PayPal & $70 Buycraft
- Third Place: $55 Buycraft
- Forth Place: $35 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $25 Buycraft
How do we get our payout if we win?
- Set your PayPal email on the server with the command: /paypal [email]
- Set your Buycraft email on the server with the command: /giftcard [email]
As an incentive to not kill peaceful players (users with less than 10 hours of gameplay), you can earn Buycraft rewards for having the highest amount of points in the Conqueror ranking system.
This reward is evaluated on the last Friday of the season at 5:00PM EST.
- First Place: $30 Buycraft
- Second Place: $20 Buycraft
- Third Place: $15 Buycraft
- Forth Place: $10 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $10 Buycraft
How do we get our rewards if we win the Conqueror ranking?
- Set your Buycraft email on the server with the command: /giftcard [email]
Middle Biome Decoration
We've decided to spice up the Middle Biome a little before a brand new map gets added, so we're adding some custom decoration to give a fresh new look to one of the most important areas on the server!
New Gladiator Arena
Introducing a brand new Military themed Gladiator arena to Outlands. This arena will be slightly smaller in size compared to our current one, which will encourage faster PvP fights against other clan participants.
Block Tier and New Textures
We are happy with how last season went with only having Tier 1, 2 and 3 blocks - it showed that smaller clans were able to become established more easily thus allowing them to be able to participate in the overall server competition better!
With this addition, we wanted to bring a different look and feeling to Outlands, by making these tiered blocks softer and more colorful overall. These changes in the block's visual properties is refreshing, and important for us to get right as they are a vital aspect on the server.
Take a look at what you can expect to see next season:
Clan Shop Improvement
As a measure to make the clan shop more popular among players, we will be adding a whole bunch of new items that will enhance the PvP experience for new users. These items are aimed at those of you who might not have enough time to grind resources for high-tiered equipment. This improvement will consist mainly of medium-high PvP items - not affecting base grinding or raiding.
To further make the game more casual, catering to beginner players that have lower chances of evolving in the game after the tierlock 5 unlock, we are introducing a balance feature which will make the game more enjoyable for everyone.
All armors in the game will no longer have recipes needed to be created, now any armor that you can craft will be unlocked based on the current Tierlock status.
The crafting equipment menu will display 4 items - helmet, chestplate, leggings and boots. Those 4 items will update based on the current Tierlock, For example, if the current Tierlock status is Tierlock 4, then Soldier Armor will be available to craft. The craft price will be slightly increased every time the armor changes, but it will be nowhere near as hard to create or obtain as it previously was.
As well as this, armor found in barrels will also be restricted to the Tierlock status, meaning that you’ll only obtain the armor equivalent to the current Tierlock. This change is being made as we noticed that players who started playing a few days after reset were almost always getting equipment that is useless, and therefore not allowing them to participate in PvP properly.
In addition to the Tierlock Balance, the game will now be calibrated based on the current standard of high-skilled users. this is how it will work:
Once 100 Rare armor pieces or specific guns are crafted (100 boots, 100 M4A1s, etc), all the respective armor pieces or weapons that are crafted after this point will always be Uncommon (and no longer Common).
Why’s that? We understand that we’ve a plateau in the game - when there’s too much rare Kevlar in the hands of big clans, the armor rarity doesn’t have value to them anymore and therefore they can wear it for any in-game situation. However, for a new or casual player that only has a few pieces of common Kevlar, rare equipment versus them would be a one-sided fight, which is what we want to change. Once we know that s certain amount of rare equipment is already in the server, the crafting system will automatically calibrate and change to a higher rarity as the new standard.
Once 300 Rare armor pieces or specific guns are crafted (300 helmets, 300 AS50s, etc), all the respective armor pieces or weapons that are crafted after this point will always be Rare - that’ll be the last calibration level and we’re expecting to reach it in the middle of the season.
For the upcoming Outlands season we have decided to keep the clan slots to 3 members with no upgrades, or 4 with upgrades - to maintain tight-knit groups. This change got overall positive feedback last season, but in the future we will reintroduce higher clan slots again.
We'll keep monitoring this closely to see how it changes life on the server, feel free to send your own feedback in the #outlands-chat on Discord!
- 72 hours of Grace Period.
- Tierlock period remains the same (cupboards as well).
- Added a new attachment in the game - Disarm (2, 4, 6, 8 and 10%).
How it works: when the attachment activates, every 3x3 blocks around the location that the shot hits will get a “disarm” effect, removing all Wireframes and Landmines contained inside that small area.
- Added loot protection when killing a player - only the player who concluded the kill will be able to take the loot for 10 seconds.
- Added a new team vs team Gladiator event, where players have to kill each other. A special reward was added to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners of that event.
- Added a warning message when trying to drive vehicles on Minecraft 1.16 or superior.
- Decreased the explosion time of C4s and Homemade Explosives.
- Decreased the Warehouse points obtained from wood to 1.
- Increased the points obtained from stone to 2 and ethanol to 25.
- Adjusted the points % removal of the top 5 clans during the payouts evaluation. Now the top 1 clan will lose 60% of the points. The top 2 will lose 50%, top 3 will lose 30% and top 4 and 5 15% each.
- Increased all the sniper guns' damage.
- Significantly buffed the supply drops rewards.
- Slightly reduced the craft cost of Molotovs, Grenades and Flashbangs.
Free PvP Kit
Right after Friday’s Payout @ 6:00PM EST, any players on Outlands will receive a PvP + Building kit for FREE as a thank you for playing on the server. This Kit will contain guns, equipment, blocks and also few C4 explosives, so be sure to join and have some fun practicing your building, raiding & PvP skills before the merge! These kits will not be available after the wipe so use them while you can.
Thank you for your ongoing support towards the Outlands realm. Please do not hesitate to reach out on Discord with any questions or suggestions regarding the reset - Discuss your opinions with other players in the #outlands-chat!