Greetings everyone, the newest season of Factions Amber is here!Realm InformationThe next Amber map will release on Saturday August 8th @ 3:00 PM EST/6:00 AM AEST/8:00 PM BST
Hello everyone! Today we are happy to announce that on Saturday August 1st 2PM EST / 5:00 AM AEST / 7:00 PM BST we will be resetting the Outlands gamemode!
Thank you all for the support and feedback we've received during the past season of Outlands after the merge. We appreciate everyone that has taken the time to play on Outlands and we hope to see you all again in the upcoming season! Without further ado, let's get right into the reset post!
Top 5 Payouts
The map will last 3 weeks and we will keep the payouts reward.
Payouts are evaluated every Friday at 5PM EST - The 1st week after the wipe will not have payouts, only the 2nd and 3rd weeks.
- First Place: $150 PayPal & $150 Buycraft
- Second Place: $100 PayPal & $80 Buycraft
- Third Place: $75 Buycraft
- Forth Place: $50 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $30 Buycraft
How do we get our payout if we win?
- Set your PayPal email on the server with the command: /paypal [email]
- Set your Buycraft email on the server with the command: /giftcard [email]
Payouts Points Update
Clans who are in the Top 1 & 2 positions at the time of evaluation (Friday 5PM EST) will lose 50% of their points going into the new week each, and clans who are in positions 3, 4 & 5 will lose 35% of their points each.
This will allow other clans to get a chance at being in the Top 5 when going into a new week, giving them a chance at winning the payout as well as encouraging ranks 3, 4 & 5 to grind for those top spots.
We noticed that the alliance system was not being used the way we would have liked it to, as players were often focusing their orepiles usage and defences on one shared base instead of separate bases.
Clans will now no longer be able to ally any other clan, however the clan limit has been increased to 8 members & 10 with the server store upgrade.
Please keep up to date with our rules and remember that any PvP, raid or raid defense must be done only using members of your own clan.
Introducing our brand new Quests system! Complete different objectives around Outlands and receive awesome rewards!
To access the Quests menu, simply do /quests. You'll be able to see how many quests you've completed plus which quests you still need to do. Quests consist of killing soldiers or mobs, looting barrels, conquering alters and more! Each quest has multiple tiers - for example after killing 100 mobs, you unlock the mission to kill 300 mobs, then 1000 mobs.
As a result of the new Quests system, you will need to complete a required amount of missions in order to achieve Insignia level 3 or higher.
New Server Events
Introducing 2 new Server Events - the Cave Resource Event & the Lost Base Event:
Cave Resource Event
This event will take place 1 - 2 times per day. You'll need to accept a teleport to the cave in order to take part, there will be a chat message that will allow you to go there.
Players will be able to mine as many resources as they want to for 15 minutes, while PvP is disabled. This allows players to gather up important resources while not having to worry about being killed.
Lost Base Event
A Lost Base will spawn in a random area on the map. This base will be well protected, you will need at least 40+ C4s to raid it, however the chest loot in the center will have an abundance of C4s as well as special items.
When the base spawns, the coordinates will be displayed in chat. The first clan that raids the Lost Base will win the prizes inside! Be careful though as other clans will also want to raid the base, so be well prepared to fight!
New Crate - King's Crate
Introducing the new King's Crate! This crate will hold special tools, buffs and cupboard shields as well as the new King's Axe!
The King's Axe will work similarly to the Repair Axe, however when right-clicked on a block, it will select all blocks on the same Y coordinate and will upgrade them at the same time if you have the sufficient amount of resources. For example, if you have 10 blocks high of concrete blocks, you can right-click the top block and it will automatically calculate the cost to upgrade those 10 blocks underneath then you confirm the upgrade through the menu.
Grab yourself a Kings Crate from our server store when it unlocks 5 days after the wipe and you could win the new King's Axe! You can check how much time is left until the axe unlocks using the /tierlock menu.
Rarity Bonus Damage
Guns with any type of rarity will now deal bonus damage if you are shooting a player that is wearing equipment with the same rarity as your gun. For example, if you've got a Mythic rarity gun, then it will deal more damage to players who are wearing armor with Mythic rarity.
We hope that his will change up the strategies players use when PvPing, encouraging more weapons with a wider variety of rarities to be brought to fights.
Weapons Resource Pack Update
We've updated the following weapons in the resource pack, giving them all a smoother, more defined look which we hope you'll love! We are updating the Anaconda, USP-S, Eoka, Thompson, MP5SD and Crossbow models. Let us know what you think!
The Orepiles that you can purchase from the server store will now no longer be permanent, and you'll need to re-purchase them each season (Players who previously purchased the Orepiles will continue to keep their permanent version).
- We will use the same map, applying fixes on unraidable base spots and adding new hidden locations.
- Map size of (3.500 x 3.500).
- Same cities, caves, middle-biome, etc. You can plan in advance where you will build your base after the wipe.
- Guns & Equipment are getting balanced, we noticed that some armor types had a wrong resistance and now that is fixed.
- 24h of Grace Period.
- Orepiles will not be able to be placed until the tierlock stage 3 unlocks (20h)
- Tierlock period remains the same.
- Mythic rarities can no longer be crafted with the “craft with rarity” attributes.
- You will now need the block recipe while upgrading blocks with the Repair Axe.
- Shooting a vehicle will now remove 3% of its durability and shooting someone driving a vehicle will remove 1% of the vehicle durability.
- Beginners are now able to mine titanium at the middle biome.
- Guns and armor with different rarities will give extra resources when getting melted in a forge. For example, if you melt a common AK47, you will receive 30 iron ingots, and if you melt a mythic AK47, you will get 200+ iron ingots.
- Removal of the marketing system as players were storing items instead of actually selling anything.
- Changed the rewards from ranks and Insignias crates to a new premium random crate.
- Now if you disband your clan, your entire cupboard gets removed.
- Increased the warehouse point rewards from the Gladiator event.
- Cupboards with Warehouses associated will have the carpet color changed to green.
Thank you for continuing to place your trust in us. Please do not hesitate to reach out on Discord with any questions or suggestions regarding the reset - Discuss your opinions with other players on #outlands-chat!