Hello everyone, welcome to the Prison Azkaban Reset post! The current season of Azkaban has come an end and the realm will be resetting this Saturday November 7th at 2:00 PM EST
Greetings everyone, the newest season of Factions Ruby is here!
The next Ruby map will release on Saturday November 7th @ 3:00 PM EST/7:00 AM AEST/8:00 PM BST
The map will only last 15 days which means there will only be 1 payout that will be issued at the end of the map on Sunday 22nd November @ 5PM EST, as stated on our rule page.
- 15 day maps – 6 days of grace & 9 days of TNT
- 10 man factions
- 3 second cannons
- 20 Chunk Buffers
- Faction Shields last 16 hours
- 400 Power per player
- 15 Roster Size 1 kick per day, max of 2 at one time
- F Roster kick limits enabled on Monday @ 3:20AM EST
- Faction Shields are set on Friday @ 3:20AM EST
- Mining Spawner costs change from being free to costing 40% of their shop price on Friday @ 3:20AM EST
- TNT drop rates changed from Grace drop rates (50%) to Raiding drop rates (100%) on Friday @ 3:20AM EST
- Faction Shields are disabled from 12PM-5PM EST on Payout Days
- 7 grinding areas of 18 Silverfish Spawners in the Mycelium World (Reached & Exited via a End Portal)
- Account Sharing Restricted
- No Regens
- Cactus, Mycelium & Spawner Economy
- The ECO sheet can be found here
- Limited Custom Enchants & Bow Boosting Disabled
- $1,800 F-Top - $800 Paypal & $1,000 Buycraft
- 5 custom worlds along with the overworld with a border of 2500 x 2500 giving 24 corners – These can be reached with the warp names: End, Nether, Redworld, Greyworld & ClayWorld
- During grace, TNT & Creeper Eggs will be disabled
- During the first 30 minutes of the map, Faction Fly will be disabled
As usual, the first 6 days of grace period will have no payout. Here are the prizes for the payout placings:
- First Place: $500 Paypal & $500 Buycraft
- Second Place: $200 PayPal & $300 Buycraft
- Third Place: $100 PayPal & $200 Buycraft
- Fourth Place: $100 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $50 Buycraft
Note: FTOP will be paid out once per week that raiding is enabled. The amounts listed above are the total amounts we are giving away to the winners.
How do we get our payout if we win?
- Set your PayPal email on the server with the command: /paypal [email]
- Set your Buycraft email on the server with the command: /giftcard [email]
With a new season comes a brand new spawn! Check it out below:
Curses are random events given to any active online player (you won't be assigned a curse if you're AFK). Only 1 person can be cursed at any one time, and there will be an announcement in chat saying who the cursed person is and what type of curse they've been given.
When you've been cursed, a menu will pop up where you can accept or deny the Curse. This menu will tell you which Curse you'll need to do and what rewards you can get from completing it.
To complete a Curse, you must carry out the task that it requires you to do. These tasks will have time limits and must be completed in one life, meaning that if you die or log out, you'll fail. When you complete the Curse, you'll be given the reward.
How To Complete a Curse
Anyone who is in the process of completing a Curse can be killed at any time, no matter where they are on the server. This means they can be killed at spawn, or any other safe zone where you usually wouldn't be killed at.
Players who want to fight the cursed player must hit them first in order for PvP to be activated in a safe zone. Cursed players can't hit other players unless the other players hit them first, so if you don't hit the cursed player when they're actively doing a task, then you won't be put in combat and therefore are safe in the usual safe zones.
Players will get a broadcast in chat telling them the Cursed player's coordinates and what world they're in, so it is easier to locate where they are.
Types of Curses
Here are just a few of the Curses that you can complete, to give you an idea of what to expect. We won't be showcasing all of them in this post so there's some surprises that you can look forward to seeing in-game.
Tourist Curse: Visit 5 faction claims for 10s.
Mycelium Curse: Create and travel through a Mycelium portal at a randomly assigned chunk.
Defenseless Curse: Spend 3 minutes without armor within 50 blocks of /spawn
We will be introducing a cactus economy to Ruby this map, with the introduction of Cactus Chests. This new chest will collect all of the cactus that drops from your cactus farm in the same chunk that it is placed in.
Cactus within the Cactus chest will automatically be sold, making cactus collection and selling better than ever before. You can get this Cactus Chest from the /shop in-game for $625,000. The cactus buy price will be $5 and the sell price will be $0.40, as well as no tax being placed on the money made from the Cactus Chests.
Cactus Chests will collect cactus in a 5x5 chunk area. We will be adding a limit to the amount of Cactus Chests you can own, allowing for 64 chests. As well as this, players are allowed to use printers to print in cactus farms.
- To ensure cactus is not used after grace, Cactus Chests will stop collecting cactus when Grace is over.
- We will be creating a new Statistic to /lb and /stats tracking cactus placed including cactus placed in /printer.
- To ensure no one is scripting cactus, we will be adding Cactus Captchas similar to sugarcane and mob grinding Captchas.
- To further punish players using scripts to print cactus, we have added information to rule #44 on the Factions Rules explaining the punishments for using scripts to print cactus. You can view the rule page here.
We will be adding Lockdown Notify to just the Ruby realm for the time being, while we see how players like it and if we need to make any changes before adding it to Onyx or Amber in the future.
When a raiding faction begins a Lockdown on your faction, a 5 minute timer will start. Once the 5 minutes is up, the defending faction will be notified that they are being raided. This will allow the raiding faction to potentially cannon through around 14 chunks of your base before the faction who is being raided are aware, thus resulting in wall checking still being vital for base defense.
A Faction permission will be added that allows the faction to choose who controls the settings of this feature using a menu. In this menu there will be an explanation about the feature, as well as an option to turn off the notify when it triggers, an option to change the chat message that is sent, and an option to change how frequently the message is sent in chat. There will also be an option for the faction to turn it off entirely.
- We have removed the ability to get vanilla enchants from /tinker.
- We have added an option in /ce to fill your entire inventory with Custom Enchant books of a specific tier.
- We have added Koth Top (currently /kothtop) and Raid Top (the total amount of potential value gained from your faction raids) to the leaderboards.
- We have added the command /potrefill which will instantly fill up your entire inventory with Splash Healing 2 potions, however you will still need to pay the same price as you normally would to buy this many. This command will be disabled in combat and in the Mycelium World.
- Spawnerchunks will now appear as a darker green for your faction and a darker red for enemy factions on /F Map.
- Along with the above, to make /F Map easier to read without having to hover over claims, information about the claims and which shapes refer to which factions will be shown at the bottom of /F Map.
- To allow players to easily spectate raids, we will be adding /f spectate [faction] which will allow players to spectate a raid on a faction as long as they are within 100 blocks of the base’s raiding border. This feature will be similar to /roam meaning an NPC will be spawned while you are spectating a raid, however you will be able to move around quicker. To ensure this can’t be used as Raid Alerts, this command will always be available to be used regardless of if the faction is in Lockdown or not.
- Due to the change in the economy, sugarcane will be reduced from $13 to $5.
- Due to the change in the economy, netherstars will be reduced from $3000 to $2000.
Thank you everyone for another amazing map, see you all at 3:00 PM EST on Saturday for the Ruby reset!