Two very different gamemodes on TheArchon. In this article, we'll look at the similarities between the Minecraft servers. Decide which is best for you and start playing now.
Factions: Ruby Reset
Greetings everyone, the upcoming season of Factions Ruby is here!
The next Ruby map will release on Saturday March 12th @ 3:00 PM EST / 5:00 AM AEST / 8:00 PM GMT.
The map will last 8 days which means there will only be 1 payout that will be issued at the end of the map on Sunday 20th March @ 5PM EST.
- 8 day map – 3 days of Grace & 5 days of TNT
- 10 man factions
- 2 second cannoning when shooting at bases (Including Raid Event & Raiding Outpost) and 3 second cannoning elsewhere
- 20 Chunk Buffers
- Faction Shields last 16 hours
- 500 Power per player
- 20 Roster Size, 1 kick per day, max of 2 at one time
- F Roster kick limits enabled on Sunday @ 3:10AM EST
- Faction Shields are set on Tuesday @ 3:10AM EST
- Mining Spawner costs change from being free to costing 60% of their shop price on Tuesday @ 3:10AM EST
- TNT drop rates changed from Grace drop rates (50%) to Raiding drop rates (100%) on Tuesday @ 3:10AM EST
- Faction Shields are disabled from 12PM-5PM EST on Payout Days
- Sheep Spawners will be added to the centre of the Mycelium World as well as randomly placed across the Mycelium World. (Reached & Exited via a End Portal)
- Account Sharing Disallowed
- No Regens
- We will be changing up our economy to a Sheep PvP (Mycelium) economy alongside Fishing, Sugarcane, Woodcutting & Mining as alternative economy options.
- The economy sheet can be found here
- Limited Custom Enchants & Bow Boosting Disabled
- $1,400 F-Top - $800 Paypal & $600 Buycraft
- 5 custom worlds along with the overworld with a border of 2500 x 2500 giving 24 corners – These can be reached with the warp names: End, Nether, Redworld, Greyworld & ClayWorld
- During grace, TNT & Creeper Eggs will be disabled
- During the first 30 minutes of the map, Faction Fly will be disabled
As usual, the first 6 days of grace period will have no payout. Here are the prizes for the payout placings:
- First Place: $500 Paypal & $250 Buycraft
- Second Place: $200 PayPal & $150 Buycraft
- Third Place: $100 PayPal & $100 Buycraft
- Fourth Place: $50 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $50 Buycraft
Note: FTOP will be paid out once per week that raiding is enabled. The amounts listed above are the total amounts we are giving away to the winners.
How do we get our payout if we win?
- Set your PayPal email on the server with the command: /paypal [email]
- Set your Buycraft email on the server with the command: /giftcard [email]
With the season comes a brand new spawn! Check it out below:
New Sheep PvP Economy
For the upcoming season of Ruby, we've made a number of changes to the economy, particularly related to the Mycelium world.
We will be running a special Sheep PvP Mycelium economy alongside Fishing, Sugarcane and Mining. Cactus and PvP fishing have been removed as economy options, as well as Silverfish. This means that PvP Lake exclusive fish will be added to the Safe Lake.
Sheep spawners have been added to the center of the Mycelium World, as well as sheep spawning randomly across the world. These can be AFK'd automatically.
You will be able to shear the sheep and obtain wool which can be sold to the /shop. There will however be limitations on the number of sheep in the world at any given moment to help balance gameplay and economy. We will ensure that these sheep cannot be taken out of the Mycelium world.
You will have to wait until the Sheep regrows their wool before you can shear them again. There will be a custom time added before they regrow their wool, this means that it will be slightly random and won’t be affected by grass being around.
This will be the best way to make money throughout the upcoming Ruby map, as well as the most dangerous. This means that if you are unable to leave the Mycelium World alive, you will lose all of the wool you grinded for. The buy price and sell price of white wool blocks has been significantly increased to ensure it is the most viable economy option.
An awesome new Sheep Shavers has been added to the /pshop to make shearing sheep the easiest it can be! This will have similar requirements to the Fish Sword but will instead double the drops from shaving Sheep. Additionally, backpacks can now store wool thus allowing you to carry potions to PvP with. Backpacks are found in the /mobcoin shop.
- Cactus’ sell price has been reduced to 0 and therefore removed as an economy option.
- Netherstar’s sell price will be reduced to $3000 and will have the spawners removed from the Mycelium world and therefore removed as an economy option.
- Sugarcane, Wood logs, Mining and Fishing will all remain at the same sell prices.
- Sheep spawners will also not stack to make it far more interesting than just shearing stacked mobs. The Mycelium build will also be modified to accomodate this, and to ensure they wont be removed via clearlag.
- We will be changing the requirements that require grinding silverfish in various places like Faction Missions.
- The Mycelium Citadel will also have the reward of 1.5x Nether Star drops changed to 1.5x Wool drops.
- We will also not be allowing you to dye sheep so that other wool colours are easily accessible to use in cannon builds.
Faction Raid Claims
Introducing Raid Claims! Setting a Raid Claim works similarly to spawner chunks, and will appear a different color on the map - this will be the chunks that your cannon must be built in. To maximize your total raid claim, you can claim normal chunks around it.
Raid Claims will be able to be viewed via the /f raidclaim command, which will include all necessary information, as well as how to set them up via /f raidclaim set. There is a limit to the amount of Raid Claims that you can set, and this information can be viewed on the rule page.
These new Faction Raid Claims will also have a lockdown similar to bases, and will allow us to automate many of the rules that are in place. This means that there will be a 15-minute timer alongside restrictions on what you can do. These changes ensure that multiple factions aren't shooting at your cannon box, but will also let them know when they can switch cannons when shooting at your cannon box.
As well as a lockdown, we will also be adding a barrier border, preventing players that are not involved with the raid from being able to enter the territory. Additionally, you will be able to set up a barrier block border at the back of the Raid Claim Chunks using /f raidclaim setdirection, which will prohibit factions from shooting TNT from behind, into your cannon box.
Faction Permissions /f perms are being updated to allow you to control all of the relevant features, however, you will not have any Notification Chunks telling you when your raid claim is being raided. This means that /f lockdown will not exist for these raid claims either.
Due to the addition of Faction Raid Claims, factions will be notified when they attempt to raid a base or cannon box from 2 different raid claims without waiting the required time - this would be illegal.
We will also be requiring TNT to be shot within Raid Claim Chunks to trigger a lockdown on a base or cannon box, to keep raiding tidy.
Last but not least, here is some miscellanous information:
- Introducing Throwable Webs as an item that you can obtain across the realm. Throw these items at other players and cause them to become stuck in the cobweb! The cobweb block will disappear 5 seconds after being used, with no cooldown on item usage.
Thank you everyone for another amazing map, see you all at 3:00 PM EST on Saturday for the Ruby reset!