Hey everyone! This week's content update will be for the Prison Azkaban realm, and we have completely re-worked the Gangs system! Previously, when players joined one of the three gangs, they unlocked a
Greetings everyone, the newest season of Factions Ruby is here!
The next Ruby map will release on Saturday August 15th @ 3:00 PM EST/6:00 AM AEST/8:00 PM BST
- 20 day maps – 6 days of grace & 14 days of TNT
- 10 man factions
- 3 second cannons
- 20 Chunk Buffers
- Faction Shields last 14 hours
- 400 Power per player
- 15 Roster Size 1 kick per day, max of 2 at one time
- F Roster kick limits enabled on Monday @ 3:20AM EST
- Faction Shields are set on Friday @ 3:20AM EST
- Mining Spawner costs change from being free to costing 40% of their shop price on Friday @ 3:20AM EST
- TNT drop rates changed from Grace drop rates (50%) to Raiding drop rates (100%) on Friday @ 3:20AM EST
- Faction Shields are disabled from 12PM-5PM EST on Payout Days
- 6 grinding areas of 18 Silverfish Spawners in the Mycelium World (Reached & Exited via a End Portal)
- Account Sharing Restricted
- No Regens
- Sugarcane, Mycelium & Spawner Economy
- The ECO sheet can be found here
- Custom Enchants
- $1,800 F-Top - $800 Paypal & $1,000 Buycraft
- 5 custom worlds along with the overworld with a border of 2500 x 2500 giving 24 corners – These can be reached with the warp names: End, Nether, Redworld, Greyworld & ClayWorld
- During grace, TNT & Creeper Eggs will be disabled
- During the first 30 minutes of the map, Faction Fly will be disabled
As usual, the first 6 days of grace period will have no payout. Here are the prizes for the payout placings:
- First Place: $400 Paypal & $500 Buycraft
- Second Place: $240 PayPal & $300 Buycraft
- Third Place: $160 PayPal & $200 Buycraft
- Fourth Place: $100 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $50 Buycraft
Note: FTOP will be paid out once per week that raiding is enabled. The amounts listed above are the total amounts we are giving away to the winners.
How do we get our payout if we win?
- Set your PayPal email on the server with the command: /paypal [email]
- Set your Buycraft email on the server with the command: /giftcard [email]
With a new season comes a brand new spawn! Check it out below:
Custom Enchantment Changes
We have modified many of our custom enchantments to make them worth having. The modified enchantments include: DeathGrip, Haste, Indestructible, Leaps & Scoot.
We have decided to remove the ability to bow-boost as well as limit the amount of custom enchantments there are on the Ruby Realm. We understand that there are a lot of players who would like to play without bow-boosting and PvP enchantments so we felt like removing them was ideal. If you're a fan of the features that have been removed, then we suggest you play on our other Faction realms - Onyx and Amber, which still have them.
The following 15 custom enchants are the only custom enchantments that will be available to help you with the day to day activities: Beast, Blaze, Cannon Breaker, Death Grip, End Breaker, Feast, Fish, Grind, Haste, Ice Breaker, Indestructible, Infusion, Leaps, Obsidian Destroyer & Scoot.
As a result of these CE changes, we will be modifying the custom enchantments that are in Gkits (on the store & in-game), the GodSet kit in /duels, the custom enchantment books given out in the Monthly Kit, and the custom enchantments in the rewards given out in the Raid Event & FvF Event.
When bow-boosting, when your own arrow hits you, the punch on your bow will be ignored. When your arrow hits other players, the maximum effect will be punch 1 regardless of the punch level on your bow.
Due to the bow boosting changes, we will be modifying the Admin Items in the Monthly Crate.
Lastly as a result of the changes, we have decided to buff Warlock by modifying the effects that are given whilst wearing the armor, the armor's durability, and the passive and active effects the Warlock gives.
The Archon Pass
The Archon Pass has been updated on Factions to allow players to complete a wider variety of challenges to win rewards! The new challenges vary from opening envoys, player kill count or duels won, to dealing damage to bosses, using gen buckets and more!
When you complete the challenges, the rewards you receive are definitely worth your time. You can win spawners, keys, EXP, pouches, money and more!
Players who have purchased the Premium Archon Pass from our server store will get 2 rewards per challenge completed compared to the Free Pass that everyone has access to. Grab yourself the Premium Archon Pass from the server store here.
Introducing the brand new Friends system! Access the Friends menu by doing /friends in game. In this new system, players will be able to add and remove friends, see whether they are online and which server they are on.
There are 3 separate sections in the Friends menu; one to view who your current friends are, one to see your friend requests, and one to see who you've sent a friend request to.
To add a friend, do /friends add (name). Hover over the friend in your list to see whether they're online and where they are on the server. To remove a friend, simply right-click the player head in the Friends section. Either left-click to accept a request, or right-click to deny one in the Incoming section. If you've changed your mind about an Outgoing friend request, you can right-click to cancel it.
Boss Showdowns & Wither Boss
The Boss Showdown event takes place once a day in the Boss World, players will be given 5 minutes to join the event before it begins. Anyone that is participating in the event will have to battle all of the current bosses - Warlord, Titan and Skull one after the other. At the end of battling the bosses, the brand new Wither Boss will appear.
The Wither Boss only appears at the end of the Boss Showdown, you won't see it spawn at any other time during the day. This boss is even more powerful than the other bosses, so be careful and well prepared when battling it! While you are waiting for the Wither boss to appear after defeating the other bosses, you can use /ally [name] to request someone else to aid you in the battle.
Players will receive some awesome rewards for completing the Boss Showdown, including high-level keys for Factions.
Boss World Map
We've added an awesome new Boss World map! Bosses will now spawn in their own unique areas on the map, and the terrain will no longer be able to be griefed by the bosses' abilities. Check out the boss spawns below:
Introducing brand new Damage Set armor to Factions! These protection 6, unbreaking 6 armor pieces will give you a 10% boost in damage dealing while you are wearing the full set!
Wearing an individual piece of armor from a Damage Set will result in a small but still beneficial 1% increase in damage dealt.
Pieces of the Damage Set can be won through the KoTH Crate Deity Crate, MobCoin Shop & Monthly Crate and will replace Protection 7 or Unbreaking 7 Armor at these locations.
We have created a brand new Lumberjack Axe in the /pshop with new requirements and rewards.
Unlocking the axe will require a total of 15,000 Logs broken and the axe will automatically place your broken wood logs into your inventory.
Unlocking Tier 2 of the axe will require an additional 5,000 logs which will allow you to unlock the axe's special ability which will give you a 25% boost in Woodcutting McMMo gained.
Unlocking Tier 3 of the axe will require an additional 5,000 logs which will allow you to unlock the ability for the axe to automatically sell wood logs in your inventory.
Unlocking Tier 4 of the axe will require an additional 5,000 Logs which will allow you to unlock the ability for the axe to potentially destroy an entire tree in /Forest.
- You cannot have any Finnsters and/or Anti-Nuke Walls on your base buffer as stated on our rules page.
- You can only have the majority of your spawners within no more than 2 spawner boxes as stated on our rules page.
- You can not have a source block ocean larger than 16 blocks.
- The sell price of Sugarcane has been increased by $2 to $13 per sugarcane.
The number of random rewards given out for killing Silverfish has been reduced.
- Instead of hosting our Pixel Art Competition every map, we will be changing it to a Base Design Competition. More information will be posted when the map starts in our Discord (discord.gg/TheArchon).
- We will be adding a consumable which will skip the current challenge you are stuck on in the Archon Pass. These will be rare but available in the MobCoin Shop, Crates & in Silverfish and Woodcutting rewards.
- At the start of the Raid Event, Factions will have 10 minutes to build their cannons to raid the main base and counter other factions before factions will be allowed to shoot. We will also be reducing the amount of walls on cannon boxes from 24 walls to 12 walls.
- Players will have the captcha on their screen removed if they get put into combat in the Mycelium World.
- We will be adding a F permission to handle who has control of setting, unsetting and viewing the locations of Spawner Chunks.
- We will be replacing /koth with a GUI to present players with much more information about our KoTHs which will include basic information about the KoTHs, the rewards & the daily times of our KoTHS (and how long until they start).
- If a top 10 Faction on F Top loses more than 10% of their F Top Value while under Raid Timer Lockdown from another faction, a broadcast will be sent in chat spreading the news to the entire server including the exact amount & percentage lost during the Raid Timer Lockdown!
- You will no longer receive an enderpearl cooldown if your pearl fails due to pearling into a 1x1 area.
- Claims outside the border will now be claimed by Warzone in the main 6 worlds.
- We will be adding a Statistic in /Stats & /Lb for the amount of Wood Logs broken.
- While wearing Warlock armor, holding specific ruins in your hand will provide the player with the same effect as using the ruin but in a less powerful form. While it may not be as powerful as using the ruin, it should still provide an advantage.
- We have reduced the cannon speed from 4 seconds to 3 seconds as stated on our Rule Page.
- We have allowed your entire buffer to be a source block ocean with some limitations as stated on our Rule page.
- We have reduced the number of silverfish grinding areas in the Mycelium World from 8 to 6.
Thank you everyone for another amazing map, see you all at 3:00 PM EST on Saturday for the Ruby reset!