Hey everyone! It's finally almost Christmas and this year to celebrate, we are releasing the limited time Christmas Present crate on our server store, and introducing something festive that you can take part
Factions: Ruby Christmas Reset
Greetings everyone, the festive season of Factions Ruby is here!
The next Christmas Ruby map will release on Saturday December 18th @ 3:00 PM EST / 7:00 AM AEST / 8:00 PM BST.
View the trailer for this festive map here...
The map will last 13 days which means there will only be 1 payout that will be issued at the end of the map on Friday 31st December @ 5PM EST.
- 13 day map – 5 days of Grace, 3 day break & 5 days of TNT
- 20 man factions
- 2 second cannoning when shooting at bases (Including Raid Event & Raiding Outpost) and 3 second cannoning elsewhere
- 20 Chunk Buffers
- Faction Shields last 14 hours
- 250 Power per player
- Unlimited Roster Size, unlimited kicks per day, max of unlimited at one time
- Faction Shields are set on Tuesday @ 3:10AM EST
- Mining Spawner costs change from being free to costing 60% of their shop price on Tuesday @ 3:10AM EST
- TNT drop rates changed from Grace drop rates (50%) to Raiding drop rates (100%) on Tuesday @ 3:10AM EST
- Faction Shields are disabled from 12PM-5PM EST on Payout Days
- 8 grinding areas of 18 Silverfish Spawners in the Mycelium World (Reached & Exited via a End Portal)
- Account Sharing Allowed
- No Regens
- Sugarcane, Mining, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mycelium & Spawner Economy
- The ECO sheet can be found here
- Limited Custom Enchants & Bow Boosting Disabled
- $1,700 F-Top - $1,100 Paypal & $600 Buycraft
- 5 custom worlds along with the overworld with a border of 2500 x 2500 giving 24 corners – These can be reached with the warp names: End, Nether, Redworld, Greyworld & ClayWorld
- During grace, TNT & Creeper Eggs will be disabled
- During the first 30 minutes of the map, Faction Fly will be disabled
As usual, the first 6 days of grace period will have no payout. Here are the prizes for the payout placings:
- First Place: $1,000 Paypal & $250 Buycraft
- Second Place: $75 PayPal & $150 Buycraft
- Third Place: $25 PayPal & $100 Buycraft
- Fourth Place: $50 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $50 Buycraft
Note: FTOP will be paid out once per week that raiding is enabled. The amounts listed above are the total amounts we are giving away to the winners.
How do we get our payout if we win?
- Set your PayPal email on the server with the command: /paypal [email]
- Set your Buycraft email on the server with the command: /giftcard [email]
With the festive season comes a brand new wintery themed spawn, KoTH, Outpost, Mycelium and Arena builds! Check them out below:
Dragon Egg Event
This brand new event will take place on the release day after every Factions reset. The Dragon Egg event will give teams a chance to prove who is truly the best on the server at the beginning of a season, as not only will you be fighting against a Dragon boss, but other factions too.
You must fight to slay the Dragon, and when it is slain, that is only the beginning of the event. You will need to obtain the Dragon Egg and try to escape with it via a single exit. Everyone that partakes in this event will receive the same kit to make it fair, and if you die, you will be eliminated from the event thus unable to return.
The winners of the event will get to keep the Dragon Egg, worth a lot of F Top value as well as receive with various new rewards. As well as this, all Faction members in the faction at the time of winning the event will receive an exclusive tag, only obtainable from the event. The ultimate bragging rights!
The Dragon Egg event will allow the victors to get a good head start at the beginning of the season. It will truly be a battle of wit, PvP strength, strategy and good teamwork. Be prepared!
Christmas Map Information
During the 3 day break from Thursday 5PM EST to Sunday 5PM EST, we will be hosting special events that Ruby players can take part in, and players from other realms are invited! These events will be announced in the Leaders Discord & in the Official Discord closer to the time.
To celebrate the Ruby Christmas Map, for this map only, everyone will receive a rank equivalent to top rank and a kit containing Protection 6 Unbreaking 6 armor!
To ensure alts are not used to obtain a lot of these armor sets, you will be required to complete a small number of challenges in the /pass to obtain the rank and kit. Normal ranks, tags, disguises, monthly kits and custom ranks / kits will still be available to those that already have them, or purchase/obtain them in-game.
Here are a list of raiding changes being made for this map:
- You will be allowed a 1 chunk source block ocean per side of your base as shown on our rule page.
- Players can left and right shoot specifically at bases as shown on our rule page.
- You will be allowed defences for your buffer cannon boxes for up to 80 blocks instead of the usual 96 blocks as shown on our rule page.
- We will be increasing the number of bans resulting in a strike to 4 on our rule page.
Map Length Changes
There are a number of changes that have been made due to the map length now being 13 days. They are as follows:
- The amount of Boss, Ultra and KoTH keys will be nerfed.
- The timings in /grace will be modified to fit the new schedule.
- Scheduled times for Raid Events and prizes will be changed.
- The prizes for the FvF Event and Raiding Outpost will also be changed.
- We will be changing our spawner percentage system resulting in spawners gaining 10% of their maximum /F Top Value every 24 hours until it reaches 20%, where spawners will then gain 10% every 3 hours until it reaches 100%. This means it will take 3 days for your spawners to have their maximum /F Top Value.
- The amount of TNT dropped by Creepers will be decreased to an average of 1.5 (previously 2.5) drops per Creeper. The difference in % for the TNT to drop between Grace and Raiding will remain.
- Emerald, Blaze Rods, Gold Ingots and Iron Ingots will all sell for 0.6x their current sell price.
- The requirements to obtain a maxed Harvester Hoe will be increased slightly.
- The overall economy will be buffed which is explained in further detail later in the release post.
- We will be buffing the amount of damage done by players due to the increased faction size.
If the Admin Team believes that a change is needed to help promote raiding, the they will make a decision for all the below changes to decide if the change needs to be made or not. This decision will be announced in the Leaders Discord (https://thearchon.net/Leaders) so ensure your Faction Leaders are in this Discord. Where appropriate, an Admin can help make the changes required.
- Tuesday 28th December @ 5PM EST - Removal of the 1 chunk source blocked oceans
- Thursday 30th December @ 5PM EST - Reduced chunk buffers on bases to 15 chunks
The economy is a vital part of Factions, so be sure to read up on the best ways to make money in the Christmas map on Ruby:
- We will be running a Sugarcane, Mining, Woodcutting, Fishing alongside Mycelium (Silverfish) economy with Silverfish even better than normal when compared to the other economy options to ensure the map is more PvP based.
- Sugarcane's sell price will be $13.
- Netherstars' sell price will be $9000.
- The price to sell fish will be changed to match Sugarcane in the Safe Lake.
- Wood Logs will sell for $330. The buy price of Wood Logs have also been increased as a result.
- The amount of items dropped from mining an ore in the Mining world will be 14.
- Cactus will sell for $0.
- The amount of money the holder of the Faction Outpost will make every 30 minutes will be $160,000,000 during Grace and $80,000,000 during raiding.
Last but not least, here are a number of miscellaneous changes:
- We will be changing the titles, trails and sprays in the Dungeons and Crates.
- New tags will be added to the Store so more players can purchase them, including with the use of Buycraft vouchers.
- We will be adding more useful NPCs at spawn and throughout the realm.
- Added new holograms at spawn and throughout the realm to make the gamemode more friendly for new players.
- We will broadcast the length of the lockdown at the end of the raid along with the already obtained value to allow you to see how long it took for you to raid a faction.
- The Faction Roster Size will be unlimited and there will be no limit on the number of kicks allowed.
- Due to the above, we will be allowing Account Sharing and therefore will not enable our plugin to limit the number of IPs allowed on an account.
- We will only be giving Faction Points to the players in the faction (This does not mean roster) at the end of the map.
- Faction sizes have been increased to 20, and as a result, we will be decreasing the power per player to 250.
- Shield length has been decreased to 14 hours.
Thank you everyone for another amazing map, see you all at 3:00 PM EST on Saturday for the Ruby Christmas map reset!