Hey everyone! It's finally almost Christmas and this year to celebrate, we are releasing the limited time Christmas Present on our server store, hosting a huge Christmas SALE, and introducing something festive that
Factions: Ruby Reset
Greetings everyone, the newest season of Factions Ruby is here!
The next Ruby map will release on Saturday December 19th @ 3:00 PM EST/7:00 AM AEST/8:00 PM BST
The map will only last 15 days which means there will only be 1 payout that will be issued at the end of the map on Sunday 3rd January @ 5PM EST.
- 15 day maps – 7 days of grace & 8 days of TNT
- 30 man factions
- 3 second cannons
- 20 Chunk Buffers
- Faction Shields last 8 hours
- 175 Power per player
- unlimited Roster Size unlimited kicks per day, max of unlimited at one time
- F Roster kick limits enabled on Monday @ 3:20AM EST
- Faction Shields are set on Friday @ 3:20AM EST
- Mining Spawner costs change from being free to costing 40% of their shop price on Friday @ 3:20AM EST
- TNT drop rates changed from Grace drop rates (50%) to Raiding drop rates (100%) on Friday @ 3:20AM EST
- Faction Shields are disabled from 12PM-5PM EST on Payout Days
- 8 grinding areas of 18 Silverfish Spawners in the Mycelium World (Reached & Exited via a End Portal)
- Account Sharing allowed
- No Regens
- Sugarcane, Mycelium & Spawner Economy
- The ECO sheet can be found here
- Limited Custom Enchants & Bow Boosting Disabled
- $2,250 F-Top - $1,250 Paypal & $1,000 Buycraft
- 5 custom worlds along with the overworld with a border of 2500 x 2500 giving 24 corners – These can be reached with the warp names: End, Nether, Redworld, Greyworld & ClayWorld
- During grace, TNT & Creeper Eggs will be disabled
- During the first 30 minutes of the map, Faction Fly will be disabled
As usual, the first 6 days of grace period will have no payout. Here are the prizes for the payout placings:
- First Place: $750 Paypal & $500 Buycraft
- Second Place: $300 PayPal & $300 Buycraft
- Third Place: $200 PayPal & $200 Buycraft
- Fourth Place: $100 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $50 Buycraft
Note: FTOP will be paid out once per week that raiding is enabled. The amounts listed above are the total amounts we are giving away to the winners.
How do we get our payout if we win?
- Set your PayPal email on the server with the command: /paypal [email]
- Set your Buycraft email on the server with the command: /giftcard [email]
With a new season comes a brand new spawn! As well as this, we're also adding a brand new Arena map, Outpost map, Mycelium Spawn and KoTH build! Check them all out below:
We are introducing a brand new way to fish on Factions!
To get started, you'll need to go to one of the new Lakes using /lakes. There are currently 2 types of lake, The Safe Lake - where you can fish in peace but there will be lower quality fish, and The PvP Lake - where PvP is enabled, but there a higher tiered and better quality fish that you can catch.
How to Fish?
To begin, you'll need to purchase the most basic fishing rod, the Old Rod, from the Fishmonger at the lake to start fishing. You will not be able to use normal fishing rods in the Lake areas.
After you've purchased your custom fishing rod, use it on the lake to begin catching fish! You can upgrade your fishing rod by completing fishing challenge requirements for whichever rod you're currently using. Tasks consist of catching certain types of fish, using particular types of bait and selling a certain amount of fish. You can see what challenges you need to do to upgrade your fishing rod at the Help Menu section at the Fishmonger.
There are 5 types of fishing rod that you can upgrade to, the Old Rod, the Novice Rod, the Apprentice Rod, the Sturdy Rod and the Mega rod. The higher the level of rod, the higher the tier of fish you can catch, the lure speed is decreased for speedier catching, and the amount of fish you can catch at once is increased.
Fish and Bait
There are currently 7 different types of fish that you can catch in the Lakes. Abundant fish being the lowest tier, and Mythic the highest tier. You can view the types of fish all of their relevant information at the Fishmonger in the Help Menu.
Abundant Fish - Herring, Krill, Tuna
Normal Fish - Trout, Salmon
Scarce Fish - Sturgeon, Swordfish
Mythic Fish - Shark
As you go up the tiers of fish, the average weight of the fish will be increased as well as how much you can sell it for at the Fishmonger. When you sell your fish, you'll be given money in return.
The quality of the fish also contributes to how much you can sell it for at the Fishmonger, with fish being one of 4 types of quality - Common, Uncommon, Legendary and Epic.
Fishing Bait must be used when catching fish at the Lakes, and you can purchase it directly from the Fishmonger. You'll need a particular type of bait to catch certain fish, with higher tiered bait being needed to catch higher tiered fish.
There are 5 types of bait you can use:
Simple Bait - Herring, Krill, Tuna
Basic Bait - Herring, Krill, Tuna, Trout, Salmon
Advanced Bait - Trout, Salmon, Sturgeon, Swordfish
Pro Bait - Trout, Salmon, Sturgeon, Swordfish, Shark
All-Purpose Bait - Herring, Krill, Tuna, Trout, Salmon, Sturgeon, Swordfish, Shark
Extra Fishing Rewards
Whilst fishing, you may be lucky and find that you'll periodically fish up different types of items instead of just fish! You could fish up any of the following rewards:
- mcMMO pouches
- EXP pouches
- Money pouches
- Pouch Bundles
- Crate Keys
- Limited Tags
- Lucky Rod
- Kraken Sword
- Captain's Hook
Christmas Map Changes
For one map only, everyone will receive a rank equivalent to top rank and a kit containing protection 6, unbreaking 6 armor.
To ensure that alt accounts are not used to obtain loads of these armor sets, you will be required to complete small challenges in the /pass to obtain the rank and kit.
Normal ranks, tags, disguises, monthly kits & custom ranks / kits will still be available to those that already have them, or wish to purchase and obtain them in-game.
- Due to it being the Christmas holidays, Grace will end on the following Saturday 3PM EST instead of the usual Friday 5PM EST.
- Death bans have been added on Ruby like they are on Onyx in PvP related worlds including the Raiding Outpost, Outpost, Arena & Mycelium Worlds.
- Changed the number of bans resulting in a strike to 7 on our rule page.
- F Missions will be changed to fit a sugarcane economy.
- Cactus will sell for $0.
- Netherstars will sell for $3,500 to account for the change in the economy and to make the economy more PvP based.
- Sugarcane will sell for $12 to account for the change in the economy and larger faction sizes.
- We will be adding new tags to crates that will be Christmas themed.
- We will be changing the disguises.
- Buffed the amount of Deity Keys given out.
- Buffed the rewards from Boss Keys.
- We will be increasing the TNT depositing into containers radius from 16 blocks to 48 blocks.
- Instead of swords being used to destroy cobwebs, pickaxes will instead be used to 1 hit destroy them to ensure players don’t accidentally break cobwebs while PvPing.
- We will be adding /pfocus [name] which will allow you to target a specific player resulting in a color change to the name above that players head. You will be able to target a player personally or target a player as a faction.
- Each category in the Leaderboards /lb, will have its own hologram at spawn allowing for players to view the important leaderboards easily when at spawn. You will be able to click the hologram to look at different leaderboards within the category.
Thank you everyone for another amazing map, see you all at 3:00 PM EST on Saturday for the Christmas map reset!